Chapter 1

Ava's pov

It's been two weeks and all I've done was stare at that business card. It just didn't make any sense to me.

Why would she just offer a random stranger off the street a job?

Something sketchy was going on here and I wanted to find out what that was, so I grabbed my cellphone and the card and started dialing the number. I was hesitant to click the call button and I wasn't sure if I was making a mistake or not.

But I just shook off that uneasy feeling and quickly cleared my throat to prepare myself to speak.

After two rings someone picked up.

"Hello, this is Angela Apalo speaking."

I cleared my throat once more, "Hi Angela, I don know if you remember me but, it's Ava Marie Scott we met about two weeks ago I--" I was cut off.

"Oh yes! I remember you. I was wondering when you were going to call and I was just about to give up." she said.

I chuckled nervously, "Yeah, sorry about that, I wasn't sure if I was going to take this job offer so I needed some time to think."

I really hoped someone hasn't filled the spot yet.

"Oh I totally understand honey." She started "I would be a little freaked out too if some random person offered me a job out of the blue."

We both laughed at that.

"So do I still have the offer or has it already been taken?" I asked hopefully that the job still stands.

"It's still open, I was going to wait a couple more days before I offered the job to someone else but, you'll have to come in today to be interviewed." Angela started

"OK, around what time should I come in?" I asked trying to hide the excitement in my voice. I thought I was doing a good job at it too until I heard Angela start to chuckle.

"Umm. Let me see what time.." She paused for a second then continued, "oh here we go, you can come around 1:30. Sounds good?" She asked

"Sounds great!" I started to feel like things were finally looking up for a change and I couldn't wait to begin my interview.

After that she told me where I should be meeting her and that I should ask the front receptionist to speak with Angela Apolo for an important interview. Wow it really feels like she knows that I'll have amazing potential. We hung up and I went to get ready.
--------

It was 12:30 when I finished getting dressed. I was wearing a white blouse with a tan mini skirt with a statement necklace. After flat ironing my dark brown hair so that it was straight, I finished up with my makeup. I'm not one to complement myself but I thought I looked really nice and was ready for anything. I slipped on my black heels, grabbed my blazer and black clutch and made my way out the door.

Well, here we go.

___________________________
Authors note:
I am so sorry you guys. I've been super busy these past few months so I didn't get a chance to write but this time I promise the next chapter will be updated within a week.
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed

Share*vote*comment