Midnight visit

It was the middle of summer. The afternoon had begun and they had decided to have a barbecue with their friends. During the shooting they decided to take a little break and have a vacation. The sun was bright in the sky and warmed up the little village.
For their short vacation, which was actually just a long weekend, they had rented two old half-timbered houses.

The garden of the house was beautiful. Beautiful flowers bloomed in all colors. The scent of roses and sunflowers drifted through the garden. A large tree stood at the edge and provided some shade.

Together they sat at a big table. It was like a big family. Everyone liked each other and talked to each other.
To everyone's surprise, their seats were not next to each other this time, but that still didn't stop them from looking in each other's direction.

I'd like to give a toast. Cheers to the new film and us working together as a wonderful team!

Cheers!

No, no wait ...

Just as everyone was about to toast with their drinks, she interrupted the group.

I also want to say a toast. A thank you to this very special man here! Thank you Bradley for believing in all of us! You are just awesome!

As everyone else toasted each other, the two held their gazes. A grateful smile came from her and he had visible tears in his eyes. Even though they both talked about each other so often, it was still touching.

After the group finished eating, they sat and talked. They talked until dawn. A few clouds came up and it became cooler. A few stars appeared on the horizon as Bo, Tim and Sarah began to clean the table. The three said their goodbyes and went into the house. The two of them remained seated, as did a few other friends. Everyone was so deep in conversation that no one noticed Bradley and Stefani were sitting next to each other again. His arm was directly behind her, on the back of the bench, touching her hair and neck. Her right hand was propped up on the bench, touching his leg. For both of them, it was normal. They had already crossed the line of "just friends", stealing a few kisses on set now and then and also in private. Although everyone saw it and everyone knew about the two of them, they hid their relationship with each other.

Ahahaaa! Yay!

That moment was just too funny!

I still remember your face!

The group burst out laughing. Sam had to yawn and after another 10 minutes he left too. The group got smaller and smaller, when finally only Bobby, Stefani, Freddie, Kim and Bradley were sitting outside in the garden. By now, torches lit the property and candles the table. As Stefani drank her last sip of wine, she also wanted to go to bed.

I think I'll go now too, or I won't get up at all later.

Bobby laughed and got up. Everyone decided to go to bed since it was already past midnight. Kim and Bradley went to the smaller house while the others went to the other building.

Stefani went to her room, alone. She lay down in her bed, but couldn't sleep. She was in thoughts. The only reason why she wanted to go to bed was him. She wanted to him. Her eyes stared at the ceiling and she thought. After waiting for about 20 minutes, she got out of bed and slipped out of her room.
With no sound she opened the front door and walked to the other house. Since it was an old building, the stairs creaked. As quietly as possible she crept through the corridors and stopped in front of a door. With slightly sweaty hands she pushed down the door handle and crept to the bed. She saw the person in the bed and stopped. She was in the wrong room. As she backed up, the floor cracked under her feet. Her friend moved in the bed and turned to face her.