"Out of the way." Snape says sternly.

      Everyone moves back. He stares down at the wound on Lisa's arm then scans each of the students.

         Snape makes eye contact with Potter. "How did this happen?"

     "We had a bonfire in the forest, sir." Granger answers for her friend.

      Snape looks back at his daughter concerned. "If I'm going to heal this I need-"

    "Powdered silver and dittany, I know dad." Alexis hands her father the ingredients.

       I smile to myself feeling proud. I've always been really good in my classes but Alexis is way ahead for her age. Sure, Professor Snape is her father. But I can't imagine the amount of reading she's done over the years.

       Snape finishes up and turns to Alexis. "She'll be alright but it will leave a scar."

      She nods. Lisa begins to thank Snape but he interrupts. "Detention for all of you, the forest is forbidden for a reason."

      Everyone groans but takes the punishment. Luckily, he doesn't know I was with them so I don't get in trouble.

      Professor Snape turns around and spots me standing in the doorway. I smile respectfully but his expression goes rotten.

     Alexis appears from behind her father and I watch as her eyes grow big. I tilt my head confused.

     What's the problem with me standing here? He doesn't know we were together, she's not going to get in trouble...

      Her hands begin wiping her face aggressively almost as if she's trying to remove the makeup from her lips.

      Then I realize why Snape is giving me a glare. I run a single finger across my upper chin and when I look down I see dark purple lipstick smearing all over my hand.

      He snaps his head back towards Alexis dramatically and although most of her makeup is now off, there's still a plum-colored stain.

     Her lips mouth one word to me but I immediately know what she's saying.

                       Run.

       Snape rushes in my direction and I try to think fast. My legs quickly take me to the Slytherin common room even though that is probably one of the most obvious places to go. Thankfully, he gives up and doesn't follow.

Alexis' POV

      Draco may be able to run away from my father, but that's not an option for me.

     "Is this why you didn't speak to me the entire night?" He shouts angrily while walking back towards me.

     My head is pounding from the amount of chaos. First Harry, then a werewolf, and now this.

                  "Why is it now you decide to defy me?"

       "Exactly! When have I ever not listened, dad?" I snap back. "I always follow your rules. Do you think I'm purposely doing this?"

                "Don't talk to me that way." My father raises his voice.

       I move back slightly trying to get away from his shouting. The hallway goes silent, and I feel words rising in my throat.

           "Would you rather me find someone like James Potter?" I mumble.

           His eyes grow big. "That is completely different, Alexis."

                      I tilt my head slightly. "Is it, though?"

      My father is left speechless so I turn around and begin walking towards the dorms.

                    "Was it just a kiss?" He asks me.

                           "Just a kiss, dad."

       When I get to the common rooms Draco is still up waiting for me. He turns his head in my direction and sighs happily.

              "I thought he killed you." Draco laughs.

       I pull my hair over my ears as I take a seat beside him on the sofa. Instantly, his hand reaches over and pulls my hair back behind.

            "Stop doing that," He snaps. "I can't see your face."

       Before his hand moves away I grab it and rest it in mine. Once again, I trace the ring on his finger with my thumb.

           "So, which school has better dances?" Draco asks playfully.

         "Well, This one was definitely more eventful." I giggle.

      His eyes stare down. Slowly, I pull the ring off of his fourth finger and hold it up in the light from the fire.

                   "Try it on." Draco says.

      I slide it on but as soon as I lift my hand it falls onto the floor. Draco rolls his eyes dramatically while bending over to pick it up.

                  Once his head rises he gets up. "I'm off to bed."

        I know it's wrong of me to ask someone to stay up, especially at this time of night. But I'm selfish and don't feel like being alone right now.

           "Stay." I whisper while reaching to pull on his jacket sleeve.