Chapter 1

Chapter 1

           I was walking home from a friend’s house one night when I heard a rustling sound in the bush closest to me. I froze.

 “What was that?” I whisper to myself.

“I’m your worst nightmare,” I felt a sharp pain in my head and a piercing feeling in the side of my neck. I scream out in pain and then I passed out.

          I woke up with an awful headache and an urge to rip someone’s throat out!

The feeling surprised me, so I pushed it away. I’m good at doing that, pushing away my urges. It happens a lot.

   When I opened my eyes I was in a small room with two people, a man and a woman, looking down at me.

   The lights were dim but they still hurt my eyes anyways.

   I sucked in air and started to scream, but a hand came down and covered my mouth.

  That’s when I noticed the fangs in my mouth!  I froze up and stared straight up at the ceiling! I was in shock!

   “She isn’t behaving like the other newborns!”  a deep voice said.

  I cringed that’s the voice I heard before I passed out! Newborns? Huh. Weird…

   “I know maybe she’s special!” said the lady, she sounded hopeful, but of what? What were these people or things talking about?

Finally the hand removed itself from my mouth.

I didn’t scream or even blink. I was still in shock.

    Finally I found the courage to speak, “I’m thirsty!” Smart, Anna, real smart. And whoa! My voice sounds all beautiful and high! I love it!

   “Of course you are honey,” the lady said. 

“Can I get up, please?” I asked

“Of course!” she said again. “My name’s Hallee!” the lady said.

    “I’m Alex,” again I cringe away from him. He still scares me.

 “Alex what did you say to her to get her that scared of you?” Hallee scowled.

  “Well she asked herself ‘what was that?’ and I said ‘I’m your worst nightmare,’” Alex laughed.

  “Well it’s not funny!” Hallee said sternly.

  “Sorry” He sounded sincere.

  “It’s ok!” I chime. I’m not one to hold grudges. “I’m Anna! Um, where am I exactly?” I ask.

  “You’re at a vampire mansion in downtown Las Vegas,” Hallee answered.

“Okay, whoa! You don’t really expect me to believe that vampires are real, do you?” I said.

“Well yes considering you are one!” Alex growled.

“WHAT?” I shrieked.

“Come take a look for yourself. You’ll find yourself very, well, beautiful!” Hallee told me.

 “Ok?” I said, confused.

So I got up and strode to the mirror. I look amazing! Hallee was right!

    I have light brown, curly hair that goes down all the way to my lower back! I have soft blue eyes that look like they could control anything if I wanted them to! I’m about 5, 5” and very skinny! I have shiny white teeth and, oh, the fangs, they’re long and look super sharp! I take a step back.

 “I am beautiful! But are those fangs?” I ask in disbelief.

“Yep,” Alex sounded bored.

 “Ok, wait I heard Alex say something about ‘not behaving like a normal newborn’, what’s that about, and there’s more? Where? And how am I different?” I ask way too many questions but they seem to keep up quick like they knew I would ask those questions.

 “Well duh there’s more!” Alex jumped and started pacing the room. “You don’t seem to want to drink blood or rip someone’s throat out! I noticed it when you woke up but it went away in about a second! I just don’t understand! You don’t even need the pill!” Alex ranted on and on.

 “Um, what pill?” I ask, confused for the billionth time today.

“The one you have to take for your first week of being a vampire. It’s to control your anger and keep you focused and not out of control,” answered Hallee, a lot nicer than Alex.

 “Ok then give it to me if I need it!” I say.

“Well you don’t need it. You only take it if you wake up feeling like you want to kill someone or something,” she told me.

“Does this mean I’m defective or something?” I ask, starting to get scared.

“No! It means you’re quite special and gifted! There is only one other just like you in history,” she told me.

“Well who is it?” I ask, very intrigued. Hallee looks at Alex, still pacing the room.

“Oh, well how powerful is he?” I ask.

  “So powerful I could turn you to dust with the twitch of my little finger!” he laughs. I cringe even farther away from him.

“Oh don’t worry! I won’t!” he reassures me, but somehow I don’t feel reassured at all!

 “I know what you’re thinking! You really can trust me!” he says.

“Well, ok” I smile at him. “My throat feels like it’s on fire! I’m really thirsty!” I complain.

 “Oh, of course come eat, drink, we have a lot to choose from at dinner, and we have a lot to discus!” Hallee leads me out the door to the dining hall, with Alex following.

  Well this is just great! My evening and life is completely changed forever! Yeah it started out ok with a little party with friends! Now I’m vampire! Great! Just great! This is just wonderful! 

**************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! just thought I would post this and see how it goes... If you like comment or vote... either one I'm happy with :) well anyways that's all for now... hope you like it...