Chapter 1: World of Swords

Start from the beginning

XXXXXXX

"Its time for this week MMO stream! We began with a promotion video. Was this the day of last week's launch? What with all of the people waiting in line for? Sword Art Online!"

"Man... that's one hell of a line..." Sora said as he continued to watch the news on his monitor. His crimson eyes watched the screen as it kept going on and on about the game."Good thing I pre-ordered that game..."

"Young master, do you want some tea?" An eldery man walked in, wearing butler clothes as he carried a tray of tea.

The teen's eyes lit up as he grinned in earnest. "Ah... thank's Robert."

"My pleasure, young master Sora."

The red-head, who was now identified as Saito, sipped his tea. "Man... its been a week and the line's still that long..." He muttered as he turned back to the television. "I know everyone's hype about the game and all, but this is crazy."

Robert chuckled. "Well, it IS the only game that has virtual reality."

"True..." Sora agreed when suddenly, a message popped up. on the screen He pressed on it and it read

'Kirito: Hey Shikki, you on?'

Sora smiled lightly. Shikki was his alias, which meant '"aspire, hopes, intention, motive'. It was name he wanted to be remembered for a very long time. With that, he started a call. "You Kirito. What's up?" he asked.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to meet up once SAO was up." he said, as Shiki's eyes widened. SAO would start in around 5 minutes! 

"Oh, heck yeah!" The red head grinned. "You know I'm down for that!"

"Alright, see you then." Kirito called out as the call ended. Sora quickly rose from his seat and headed over to his bed.

"Well Robert, I have an appointment I need to attend, thanks for the tea." He said, picking up a helmet like device and placing it on his head.

"With master Kirito, I presume?"

"Yup, we're meeting up inside the game, you know, the usual drill. I shouldn't be too long."

"Of course." Robert nodded before heading back out of the room. "Have a fun game, young master. Please be sure to invite him and mistress Suguha back. I do miss their company."

"I will." Sora gave a thumb's up, before his door closed. He then lie down on his bed and grinned.

"Link, start."

'Head link, check'

'Body link, check'

'Hands link, check'

'Legs link, check'

'Checking complete.'

'Language: Japanese'

'Account: ******

'Password: *******

Creation Character:

Beta test data still available.

Would you like to use it?

Yes/No

Please wait...

WELCOME TO SWORD ART ONLINE

XXXXXXXX