"So... Did you sleep together?"

"NO. No. We didn't. That's- we barely know each other. No." I say.

"Did your friend think we slept together?" He says loud enough for her to hear him.

"Yeah.." I mumbled and he laughed. "Unfunny man!" I lightly punched him and returned to my phone call. "Stop laughing. Y'all quit laughing!" I felt defeated. "Anyways, I'm safe."

"I'm sure you are. People trust that man with their life, even if he's a screen away for most of us." She paused. "Tell him he sounds like someone that would protect someone else's drink at a party if they handed it to him."

"She said she trusts you with her drink at a party." I said, looking over at him.

"Oh really?" He cocked an eyebrow, looking at me or a second, continuing to drive. He rolled down the windows slightly and I smelled a saltiness to the air, immediately figuring out we're at a beach. There is a beach near us, we could've gone there. This beach could be special to him though. "Like that tiktok trend?" I nodded. "I actually get that a lot. Tell your friend I said thanks."

"I'm sure she heard you." I mumbled once again and returned to my phone call, but not before Clay said, "We're almost there."

"I'll leave you two be, but answer me this. Give me a 1 if you like him a little bit, a 2 if you like him a little more than a little bit, or a 3 if you have the biggest crush on him." She waited, I glanced at him. Tommy used this on Dream and Drista that one time. That bitch-. Affectionately of course.

"3." I said and hung up.

"What was the number thing about?" He asked, visibly confused.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." I almost whisper, suddenly shy and scared to speak. "Are we almost there?"

"Yeah, but this place is packed so I need to find a new parking spot." He says, turning the car around.

+++

After a few more driving into places and turning around because of packed parking places, we finally found a spot. We walked a little bit, but it was worth it because the beach was beautiful.

"Beautiful." I say, completely in awe, looking from the wooden walkway before entering the beach.

"Isn't it?" He says, walking up behind me after locking his car. "Worth the drive?" He smiles and turns to look at me.

"Definitely, but we have a beach near us.. Nevermind. I, I don't know what to say. Can I.. go walk out there?" I asked, not sure why I was looking for permission, but he nodded. I slip my shoes and socks off, running down the stairs and dipping my feet into the sand. It's so warm and comforting and suddenly brought a smile to my face. I look back at Clay who was slowly following behind. I turned back and suddenly started pulling up my pants to above my knees and ran towards the water, but pausing right before running in.

I panic, thinking of all the things in the ocean, sharks and jellyfish. Walking too far in could cause me to go under and I wouldn't be able to breath for a while or get back. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you alright? You don't have to go in."

"I've never been in the ocean. Or to the beach." I blurt, my breaths are shaky. "I only moved to Florida a year ago. Never went as a child, never really traveled outside of my town." I slowly turn to him.

"Oh really? That's interesting, you did get really excited about it, but I didn't think much of it." He paused, thinking for a second. "If you want, I can help you out, but that's totally up to you. I won't force you."

He removed his hand from my shoulder and brought it down to hand holding level, waiting to see if I took it or not. I look down at it and take a deep breath, slowly placing my hand on his. He takes it and holds tight, making me feel safe. God. He makes me feel so safe. We take a step forward.

He bends down slightly and says in my ear so that I could hear him since there were quite a few people around, "We can go slow, I'll be here, I promise. I'll always be here." His voice sent shivers up and down my spine, making my face heat up, but you can't really tell because today is already a hot day. I walk forward, enough to feel the water hit my feet. I slightly jump, the water surprising me, but Dream, no, Clay squeezes my hand, letting me know that he's got me and that he's here.

I take another deep breath and go all the way to my knees. He smiled at me. "See? You did it." He does a mini victory and squeezes my hand. Our palms sweaty against each other, but at this point, I don't care and I think he doesn't either.

"Yeah, I did it." I smiled softly, feeling the cooled water hit my legs. "Thank you."

He let go of my hand when the waves hit. "Wha-" I gasped then smirked. When he wasn't looking, I splashed him.

"HEY!! YOU'RE GETTING ME WET!" He shouted, looking angry, but I saw the little smirk he gave. And when I'm getting my splash ready, he splashes me, catching me off guard.

"CLAY!!!" I scream, pushing him slightly, making him stumble. He pushed me slightly, making sure to not push me all the way over.

"Not nice (Y/n)!" He says, laughing afterwards. I push him again, but instead of him catching himself, he lands in the water, soaking his clothes. "COME ON! I WAS TRYING TO STAY DRY." I laugh. He gets up, tries to hug me and I run away. "IF I'M WET, SO ARE YOU." He does the grabby hands that a toddler does and begins to chase me. My eyes widen and I run out of the water, screaming from the hot sand, but continuing to go since he's trying to soak my clothes.

"COME 'ERE (Y/N)! I'M GONNA CATCH YOU!"

Minecraft manhunt, but without minecraft and with the consequences of getting soaked. Is it better than dying and losing all your progress? Yes. Somehow, he caught up to me and grabbed me by the waist holding me close and soaking the majority of my clothes. I yelped when his body clashed with mine and yelled, "Clay!!" when we fell over in the sand. Not only are we both soaked, but our clothes are now sandy.

He moved over so he wasn't laying on me and didn't make it weird fast. He started laughing. "You're so soaked!"

"We're covered in sand because of you!" I said, sitting up and looking at him laying down, laughing. He sat up and looked at me.

"I have towels and a change of clothes in the car if you want. I keep them in there at all times." He said, standing and holding out his hand. I take it and he helps me up. I laugh a bit and slightly punch him. "Ouchie." He holds his arm as if I really hurt him and makes a pouty face.

"Whatever.. Dork." I mumbled, walking back to his car.

He unlocked it, opening his trunk and handing me a towel and the backpack with his clothes. "They might be a bit big on you, but they're dry. I'll just put towels down when I drive back." He smiled, going to the front of his car and turning it on, putting the AC on to cool down the car. "There's a bathroom," He points to a building, "Over there. You can change there." It's not that far of a walk. I grab my phone and head on over.