The Promise

"Mom, is angels real?" Baby Nakyum sat on his mother's lap waiting for her answer with anticipation.

"My dear, Angels are real. They are the ones created by God with pure holiness and perfection from the heavens." Nakyum's mother said while holding Nakyum gently in his arms.

"Just like you mom?"

Nakyum held his mother's clothes and placed it on his nose gently sniffing remembering her scent. She stood up and lifted him and carried him towards the window.

"Yes dear, Just like me."

She looked around outside the window overlooking the surroundings checking if there are no people around. She looked at Nakyum and gave her son a smile. She lifted her head, made a sigh and slowly revealed her beautiful pearl colored wings as she cradled Nakyum in her arms. Nakyum stared at his mother's wings in awe that made him calm and relaxed.

"My dear, do you want to hear a story?" She looked at her son's beautiful eyes and kissed his forehead.

"Yes mom! I want to hear it! Tell me a story!" Nakyum said in anticipation.

"Ok dear, let me tell you a story about a man from the heavens. That was describe as the most handsome, holy and perfect angel above all angels God ever created." She placed Nakyum gently on a chair and sat beside him.

"He is an archangel, known for his one and only golden wings. The mightiest and strongest angel above all." She tapped Nakyum's back twice and caressed him.

=======

The heaven is known as God's kingdom and a Holy place. The place is filled with holiness, white clouds and blue skies beyond imagine. Trees abundant on fruits, beautiful flower gardens, crystal clear waters and angels singing and playing.
Heaven's pillars are made with the hardest material ever know to man and there is a thrown above a thousand steps where God and his archangel stood overlooking everything below them.

Angels on the other hand are God's servants that are in charge of peace and prosperity in the heavens. They are seen as someone clad in white robes, pristine skin and pearl white wings making everybody around them blessed and happy.

And God's one and only archangel is different among the rest. His body covered in steel armor of gold, long hair, equipped with a spear and deep golden wings that are said to purify souls once seen by other angels. He is God's most perfect creation, the one angel he made that was redeemed perfect.

"Mom, have you seen him? This archangel?" Nakyum eyes wondered. Nakyum's mom shed tears as he remembered something she keeps within his heart.

"Yes, I've seen him with my own eyes." She smiled right back at Nakyum with tears in his eyes. Nakyum held his mothers cheeks and wiped her tears.

"Mom, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Nakyum said worriedly as she embraced her mom.

"Loving him was my best decision and my biggest mistake."

"You loved him mom? Was it painful?" Nakyum let out a tear in his eyes.

"No dear." She wiped Nakyum's tear. "I took something that was important to him and I can never bring it back."

"What is it mom? Stealing is bad!" Nakyum disagreed.

"Haha, dear, don't be like me when you grow up ok?" She smiled at Nakyum and flicked his forehead.

"That hurts mom! You hurt me!" Nakyum angrily uttered with teary eyes.

"Nakyum, remember this..... ...... ....... .......

=======

"Dad! Dad!!! Please don't spare us!" Nakyum wailed and beg as hunters sliced his fathers neck infront of him.

"DAD!! AAAHHHHHH!!" Nakyum eyes muzzled and went into a shocked seeing his father lose his life infront of him.

His mom carried him away and run to the dark woods with all her remaining strength. She gave everything and left everything behind so that he can save his one and only son from the eyes of the hunters. As she run deep into the woods, she saw a small cabin and checked the place if there are no people occupying the place. She placed the weeping Nakyum on the wooden table and bended her knees as she embraced him.

"Nakyum, im so sorry, im sorry please forgive me!" She embraced Nakyum tightly as if she was going away from a far place.

"Mom, why is this happening? Why did those men killed father? What have we done wrong? Tell me!"

Nakyum weep and cried out loud hugging his mother back. She pushed Nakyum away pulling herself from the embrace and cupped Nakyum's face making him stare directly at her.

"Nakyum, I don't have much time left remaining so listen to every word that I am about to say ok?" She said with trembling hands and disheveled appearance. Nakyum was unable to utter a single word and wiped his own tears as he nod back at her mom.

Her mother lend her hands palms open when a golden feather appeared in her palms that illuminated the whole place. She held Nakyum's hands tightly and placed the feather on Nakyums hands closing it.

"Give this feather back to him for me."

She felt weak and her body lost power as she revealed her wings one last time at Nakyum and immediately embraced him crying of Nakyum's shoulders. She placed her hands at Nakyum's back and let out a painful cry.

"Mom.... Mom? What's happening?" Nakyum's eyes became cloudy as he see his mother's wings fade right before his eyes and falling into the ground weak as her life fade.

She reached out to Nakyum with trembling hands and placed his hands on Nakyum's cheeks weeping and smiling. Nakyum held his mother's hand tightly crying back.

"Nakyum, take good care of the feather that I bestowed upon you. Don't let people see it nor touch it. Always keep it within your reach and treasure it!" She said in a weak voice.

"I understand mom! I will do everything you say!" Nakyum said in a weak and trembling voice as he see his mother lose life infront of him.

"Love him for me, I know that both of your paths will cross and that you will change him for the better."

His mother said with an endearing voice smiling back at Nakyum whose face became confused.

"Mom i don't know what you are saying! Who is he that you are referring about? Answer me please!"

Nakyum said with worry as he pleaded his mom to answer him.

"Once you see him, you will know it's him."

Nakyum's mother closed her eyes as her hands fell from the ground losing life in her eyes. Nakyum eyes widen, and his whole body fell from a complete shock.

"Mom? Mom?? MOM!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Nakyum screamed his lungs out as he held his mother on his arms. With tears on his eyes, he felt something tingling emerging on his back.

=======

"Mom?"

Nakyum woke up to a yet another day of nightmare. He's been having the same memory embedded on his mind that he himself grew tired of it. Nakyum wiped his eyes and his mind muzzled deep lost in thoughts.

"Once you see him, you will know it's him."

He remembered every words his mom told him on that very day never forgetting even a single feeling nor a word. He bend his knees and hugged it lowering his head on his knees. His back tingled and emerged within him a beautiful pair of white wings.

"I became an angel."