"Just who are you, exactly?"

*Ronald's POV*

     I turned around to see a girl, around the same age as the one who died. She was pretty cute, actually. (Eye/color) eyes, (hair/color) hair, and a cute face. It'd be a shame if she were to die soon.

     I introduced myself, and then got back to work. Grell-Senpai was havin' a party, and I wasn't about to miss it. Suddenly, the girl collapsed. Oops, I forgot this kinda stuff isn't normal. I'm not really supposed to tell people about what I do, but I was willing to make an exception.

     *Normal POV*

     You woke up in a hospital room, and wondered just what happened. You remembered that yesterday was your birthday.

     'Oh yeah,' you thought.

     'My birthday... Oh! It was awesome. A-and even Kana was there and we-' your heart sank when you realized what happened to Kana. And then you remembered that strange guy, and the movie thingies.

     You looked around the room and on the little nightstand next to you, there was a bouquet of flowers and a little card next to it. You took it, unaware of  who sent it.  Only nine neat and small words were scribbled on the inside.

     Meet me at the place where your friend died.

     After checking out at the hospital, thoughts were flooding your mind. 'Was this from that guy? Maybe he'll tell me what the hell happened...'

     You decided you'd go. Sure, it might not be him, but it was worth a shot. You approached the street and looked around. No one was there. Sighing, you started walking back.

     "So ya came! Honestly, I didn't think you would!"

     Turning around, you saw the guy that was there yesterday. He jumped off the roof and landed with a thud.

     "M-mr.... Knox? Was it?" You asked. "I have so many questions, like, who are you? Why did-"

     He cut you off with a kiss. When he pulled back, he smiled. Too stunned to do anything, you stood there.

     "Geez, I thought you'd never shut up. Guess I know now!" He smirked at you.

     Blushing angrily, you turned away.

     "You know, you shouldn't do that! It gives off the wrong message...." You muttered. He smirked once again. 'Boy, this guy sure is cocky,' you thought.

     "Wrong message? Like what?" He purred, listing your chin with his gloved hand.

     You turned away, and now he was facing your back. Bad idea.

      "Mmm.....you've got a bubble butt.... Its cute!" He chuckled.

    "Ahh! Stop it!" You cried, turning around to face him once again. "Why'd you even call me here, anyways?"

     "Ah, yeah. I'm a Shinigami."

     "A Shini-what?" You asked.

     "A Shinigami, or a Death God, or a Grim Reaper, basically. My job is to-"

     "So its your fault Kana died?!?!?" You shrieked. 'No....no.... Kana's not dead, this hot guy isn't real, wait.... Did I just call him hot?'

     This was too much to handle. You fainted, again. Ronald looked at you, laying on the ground peacefully.

     "Really?"