The Sweetener Tour

December 2019
Dalton's POV:

It's been a month since Miley went to record Don't Call me Angel with Ariana. A month since Miley showed me a text of Ariana saying she thought I was cute.

I've been thinking about that text everyday. I mean how could I not? I try not to think about it as much because It's not fair to Tara for me to thinking about another woman's comment about me.

Right now im at work. I work as a real estate agent in a company I co-own with my friend Aaron. I love my job and I am si proud of how big our company has gotten.  One of the best things of being my own boss is that my schedule is more flexible.

Today, I don't have much to do. Houses have been selling quickly and all of our real estates have been doing really good.

I decide to go home early. I walk in and see Miley standing there looking as mad as ever.

"Bitch wtf? Do you know how to answer a phone?" she asks. I look at it and see I have 5 missed calls from Miley, and a bunch of texts.

"Fuck. I'm sorry I didn't have time to look at it. What's going on?"

"Get ready we have to leave now. Ari invited us to her concert." I stare at her in shock. What?

"Wait. Both of us? She mentioned me?" I ask with a bit of hope.

"Umm.. Well not exactly. She said I could bring a friend, but I know she would like to see you." she said it nervously.

I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping she would have requested me. What was I thinking? She's Ariana Grande. She probably does not even remember me.

I get ready. I choose to wear a grey t shirt, black jeans, and white air force ones. I grab my phone and head out the door. Miley was ready and waiting so we get in the car, and ask her driver to take us.

——
The show is about to start, and the crowd is going wild. I can only hear screams from what seems like thousands of people. Miley and I are standing with Victoria, and three other friends of Ariana's. Suddenly it starts,

When raindrops fell down from the sky
The day you left me, an angel cried
Oh, she cried, an angel cried
She cried

I hear that angelic voice that had impressed me so much a month ago. She sings like no other.
——
Ariana is performing her last song. At this point, I am convinced her voice is a gift from heaven. It's perfect and a dream to listen to. She's such a great performer. She engages with the crowd, and is also a good dancer.  She's stunning. Every outfit she used fit her perfectly, and looked amazing on her.

What is going on with me? Since when am I such an Ariana Grande fan?

She walks off stage with her dancers. Miley, Ariana's friends and I go backstage to meet with her.  We wait a while for her to come out of her dressing room. I was starting to get nervous. I'm really hoping she remembers me.

The door opens and Ariana comes out in a much simpler outfit, "Hi everyone! Thank you soo much for coming." She starts greeting everyone one by one.

She gets to me and lets out a cute giggle and hugs me, "Hi Dalton! Thank you for coming!"

I smile at the fact that she still remembers my name.

"Ariana you are out of this world. Best show i've ever seen." Her back was turned against everyone, and we were still in a tight hug.

I look over at Miley who is looking at me with raised eyebrows and a huge smile.

"Stop. You're always so nice to me. I'm sure that wasn't the best show you've seen." she laughs. I hate that she doesn't believe me. I hate that she doesn't think she's that good.

I pull her away and make her look at me, "Ariana it was! I promise you. You're so good you don't even know it."

She smiles and blushes. I hear her thank me and we join the others.

Everyone starts talking about the show, and other things. I laugh at the jokes and funny comments but my mind is in another place. I can't stop thinking about her. About that moment we just had. It's like we've known each other our whole lives, and we've only met twice.

We talked for an hour and we were still at the arena.

"Guys, do y'all want to come to our house? I think it's time we leave this place." Miley asks them.  They all nod and we make our way to our cars.

We get to the house and Miley and I rush to the kitchen to get out some drinks and snacks.

We come back out to see that Victoria, Court, Aaron, Doug, and Ari are already sitting on the couch. We set everything on the table. Everyone grabs snacks and drinks except Ariana. Miley seats on one corner, and I seat on the other next to Ariana.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?" I ask her. She looks at me and gives me that beautiful smile of hers.

Wtf? I'm seeing someone.

"I don't feel like drinking anything tonight i'm so tired. Maybe I could have some water?" She asks shyly.

"Of course you can. I'll go get it for you." I stand up and hear her say

"I'll come with you."

——
Author's note:
short chapter
I'm sorry its kind of a slow start
I want to build up the story.