"Tell Hiro-kun I say hello, eh?" You nod at the request as you step out the door. The bells jingle above your head but they somehow don't sound so welcoming anymore.

"And [Nickname]-chan," You stop at the mention of your name, turning your head to look at Hotoke-san halfway through the threshold. You jump when the man grabs your hand and holds it in two of his own, both trembling from age and weathered from a lifetime of labor.

"Your eyes is very sad. Is it so?" He observes carefully as if looking into the very core of your soul, reading between the lines of your sorrows. 

You don't really feel sad, or at least that's what you tell yourself. But that's not something you'd tell Hotoke-san, so you shake your head no. He hums in what seems to be contemplation before shooing you out the door.

"Next time, tell me what trouble you, ok? Free meal for you." And he waves you off with a warm smile, leaving you in the chill of the dawning night. The bag of food in your hand crinkles, warm and hefty, and you wonder what he means by next time.

Looking back, perhaps he had known all along.

[11:56 PM; YOUR APARTMENT]

Hiro arrives later than usual.

A slam of the front door awakens you and you quickly sit up from the couch, eyes weary as you watch him take off his outerwear and slip off his shoes. Hiro is a quiet man of tall, brooding stature with dark features and an indifferent disposition. He looks a lot like your father, you think, and a little bit like you, too.

"Hey, kiddo," Hiro greets you fondly, a tired grin on his face. You blink, taken aback by the rare appearance of a smile from a man who usually shows no emotion. He laughs at your lack of response, shocking you into another fit of oblivion. You itch to know what got him in such a good mood.

Shaking your head, you greet him back. "Welcome home, Hiro-san."

The bag of takeout you left on the kitchen table catches the dark-haired man's attention. He makes a beeline for it and begins to unpack the neatly boxed dishes. It must be cold by now, you think, as you glance at the clock on the stove. It's been hours since you got home. But Hiro doesn't seem to care though, as he pops open a box of orange chicken and downs it like a bottle of sake.

When he eats his full, he turns to you with a gleam in his dark eyes. You tilt your head slightly, questioning his enthusiasm.

Hiro smiles again. "Get some sleep kid. We're getting up nice and early to meet with my boss tomorrow." Then he cleans up his mess, washes his hands, and retires to his room. The door shuts behind him with a solemn click.

You ponder. His boss? As far as you know, Hiro has worked with the League of Villians for as long as you've known him. A sense of dread washes over you as you lay back down, resting your head on the armrest of the couch.

If the rumors and stories you've heard from him were anywhere near true, the thought of it struck a chord of fear within you. Staring up at the ceiling, you begin to think, mind racing at the speed of light.

In the end, you didn't get any sleep that night after all.

[5:23 AM; UNKNOWN]

It's bright and early the morning you meet All For One. And, for one, he's not at all what you expect him to be like.

He wears a suit without a tie and a scary mask with tubes on both sides. You stand before him with your hands in your pockets, trying your best to appear as stone-faced as Hiro does. You are hard-pressed to believe you could pull off such a feat, though your mask does wonders in such times.

But unfortunately for you, the eyes are a one-way ticket to the soul, and that's exactly where he's preying. You're trembling and he knows.

"So this is her." All For One speaks, his voice low and brassy. You aren't sure how to describe it, but it's the kind of voice that's suitable for only a villain - just those few words wrack your spine with shivers. His aura is murderous and crippling, coated sweetly with a honeyed overtone that leads you to believe he is friendly and compliant. But you know better - he is anything but.

"Yeah. This is Masaki [Name], my niece," Hiro bumps his elbow against you, snapping you out of your analytical daze.

You can't see the villanous kingpin's eyes but you know he's staring at you, sizing you up and judging you by appearance. There's an air of inferiority that hits you, though you try to ignore it and push the feeling down with a heaving gulp.

You take a glance at Hiro; he looks as if he still hasn't completely woken up yet, but stands firm and unbothered. Pulling your shoulders back, you try to imitate his seemingly uninterested yet strong disposition.

Focusing straight up, you muster as bravely as you can. "Hello, sir."

A few moments of silence pass. You begin to grow unsure.

"Show me your quirk, child."

You jump at the sudden demand, the hairs on the back of your neck rising at the booming voice. Your strong facade falters. You don't usually crack under pressure, but this is something entirely different.

You manage a reply. "Y-Yes, sir." Quickly taking a look around the vicinity, you scour for a target to use your quirk on. There's a few metal barrels that sit in the corner of the dingy warehouse. Toxic waste stickers are bore onto the sides and although you have never thought to use acid as a component, it seems like it's all you have to go off of for now.

Rolling up your sleeves, you hold a hand out to the barrels. With a flick of your wrist, the barrels explode, and the neon green gunk that once filled them is now bending and floating in the air. You swipe an arm towards yourself and the acid moves through the air to form four thick tendrils behind your back, while the rest coats your arms in defensive whips.

"My quirk is Liquid Control," You explain, gaze nervously flitting up at All For One. "I can control any liquid substance, as well as the temperature of it."

Your body tenses to accommodate the strain of rapidly freezing the acidic liquid, creating icicles that are sharp to the touch. To further prove your point, you bump up the temperature and the acid turns from green to a scalding red hot that tingles against the surface of your skin.

All For One doesn't move. All you can hear is the squelching of the acid as it wriggles in the air, bubbling from the extreme heat you poured into it. There's a grueling silence once again. He seems to like suspenseful pauses, to your dismay.

"Well done." He praises finally, a gleeful lilt in his tone, "You are the one."

You look to Hiro, confused. The acid slips from your arms and back and splashes to the ground, pooling around your shoes before it dissipates on the surface of the concrete floor. Your uncle smiles at you and wraps an arm around your shoulder, shaking you with glee. You had never seen him smile as much as he did then.

You recall this day like it was yesterday. It was the day you became the League of Villian's most precious asset. The day you took on the role of an undercover U.A High student. The day you lost everything you stood for.

And there's no way you would take it all back.