After Practice

The sun was setting and it was time to call it a day. The practice match just ended and the first's years would be left in the gym.

*Kageyama's pov*

Dammit, i forgot we were incharge to clean up and lock the gym today. I sighed and started to help Hinata pick up the scattered volleyballs.

"oi Kageyama-kun why aren't you arguing with Tsukishima? it's not like im saying it's bad but it's kinda off?"

Hinata said, while placing the volleyballs in the bin.

"a-ah uhm i dunno maybe it's just that you know sometimes you gotta...chill yeah."

I said, not knowing why those words slip out, i obviously dont want to tell Hinata about what im feeling.

"you sure? oh! remember earlier at lunch where Tsukishima wiped off your milk stain on your cheek? ahhhh you thought i didnt see that"

Hinata said while his eyebrows go up and down.

"s-shut up it just happened unintentionally it was nothing."

I said while looking away and continued to pick up the other volleyballs.

*Tsukishima's pov*

I see on the other side of the court that Hinata and Kageyama were having a short conversation. I wonder what it's about?

I helped Yamaguchi mop half of the gym floor. While mopping, i thought of how about i talk to Kageyama later? yeah maybe we can actually be friends.

"Tsukki! hey your staring blankly again is something wrong?"

Yamaguchi said with a concerned expression.

"oh uhm im fine just thinking about something."

I said trying to avoid the topic and finish cleaning as well.

"you know your acting weird today Tsukki, first of all you and Kageyama didn't fought today second, the thing you did earlier at lunch? yeah i saw that."

Yamaguchi said, which made me flinched and just looked at him with a expression like

You a detective or sum?

" it's nothing. plus there wasn't anything to insult the king for today"

I said and finally finished mopping. phew- now i can go to Kageyama and talk to him.

*Kageyama's pov*

Me and Hinata were done arranging the things at the gym, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were also done mopping the floor. I can finally go home!

I packed up my stuff and started to change. I took my bag and looked around then

Huh? Hinata left already? maybe he was in a hurry today.

I went out and locked the gym as i closed the door I flinched to see Tsukishima leaning against the wall.
Did he wait for me? Oh no i cant right now im not ready-

"hey can we talk?"

He said while going up to me.

"me? us? y-yeah sure what's it about?"

I replied, gAAHHH im so nervous i dont know why but im shaking, i avoided eye contact ofcourse.

"are you nervous around me or something? i-i mean i won't do anything to you it's just that you won't look at me..."

He said, my eyes widened and so i built up the confidence to look at him and i did.

"there im looking at y-you now what do you want."

I asked, im trying my best here to make eye contact but im practically already bailing and wanted to just rUn out of here.

"i was wondering if we could be uhm friends or something like that."

He said and suddenly my mood changed i felt happy and relieved?

( this chap will have a pt.2 👋)