Chapter 1

Beep! "That's gonna be $3.25" said the cashier, as I swiped my card and she handed me my things. Before I could turn around and walk away, this guy burst into the store mumbling something about how he wanted to stay at home and not get snacks for his sister. I looked over to see what this guy looked like, and to my surprise he was about my age. He had black hair, looked about five feet eleven inches, and was wearing some grey sweatpants and a black shirt that said 'busy doing nothing', his eyes were this deep blue color like sapphire. I watched as he proceeded to get snacks one after the other. I hadn't realized I zoned out until he walked up and gave me a glare as he set all the snacks down.

"You need something? You know a picture lasts longer." he smirked, looking me up and down then chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should be leaving." I responded, blushing. I grabbed my stuff again and left the store.

As soon as I was out of the store I glanced back and saw that he was staring at me. I quickly turned my head back and started walking home. I lived relatively close to the store so I always walked. As I was walking to my apartment I kept feeling like someone was following me. The more that I walked the stronger the feeling got. So I pretended that I needed to tie my shoe and bent down at an angle to see behind me. As I got down I saw what looked like a shadow hide into a corner of the street. I slowly got up and just stared at the corner.

"I know you're following me, come out!" I shouted, keeping my eyes on that part of the street. Slowly the shadow came out and stood underneath the light pole, It was the guy from the store? "Why are you following me?"

"To be honest I don't know myself." he smiled slowly while rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess I did it out of habit." He kept looking at me intensely and kept looking at my lips then my eyes.

I tilted my head while raising a brow at him. "Do you need something?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm acting like this." He responded, about to leave but for some reason I felt compelled to know more about him.

"You wanna walk around? You look like you have something in your mind." I said, grabbing his arm before he could leave.

"Are you sure you wanna walk with me? You don't even know who I am?" He responded looking confused.

"Then let's start over! Hey my name is Robert, what's yours?" I said, stretching my arm out to shake his hand. I chuckled a little as he looked down at my hand as if he had never seen one.

"Hello my name is Jason?" his statement came out more as a question as he shook my hand as well. His hands were a little cold.

"So, still wanna walk around?" I asked, looking at him again.

"Uh, yeah I'd love that." he finally responded, giving me a smile.

"Ok, let me just put the milk in my fridge, just follow me. I live close by." I said as I started walking back to my place.

As soon as I got to my apartment I invited Jason in and told him to wait in the living room while I went to put the milk in the fridge. I grabbed a water bottle and drank a little bit before putting it back on the fridge. I walked over to Jason asking him if he wanted some water but he said no, so we just walked out and started walking. There was an awkward silence as we walked and I couldn't find a way to break that silence. I looked around and saw a bench in an isolated part of the park, I signaled to Jason and he nodded his head. We got to the bench and sat down. I finally decided to break the silence.

"So, did you wanna talk about something?" I asked, finally breaking the silence. Looking at him, realizing that he looked pale. 'Was he ok' I thought to myself as I looked at him with worry in my eyes.