Chapter Ten

"It's going to be fine" (y/n) assures him for the one-hundredth time. She helps Molly set the table for dinner as he grumbles about his worries for the night.

"(y/n) is right, dear," Molly sets down the last plate, "you don't have to worry. We've met (y/n) 's parents before."

"It's not you and dad I'm worried about." Their small dinner party, originally just including his parents, (y/n) 's, him and (y/n), had overnight turned into a family affair with all his siblings and their significant others.

"We're not going to embarrass you, Georgie," Bill teases. His wife Fleur follows behind, their daughter in her arms. Bill kisses his mother on the cheek.

"Hello," (y/n) wraps her arm around George's waist, settling her other hand against his chest as she greets her future brother-in-law and his family.

"Hello (y/n)," Fleur says, setting her daughter, Victoire, on the floor.

"How are you?" (y/n) takes a step towards Fleur.

"Good. Tired." She looks down at Victoire, who bounces on her heels, attempting not to be rude like her mother had asked her. Fleur smiles at her daughter, nodding slightly. Victoire beams bee-lining towards her uncle.

"Uncle George!" The little blonde girl runs towards George, clinging to his legs.

He scoops her up in his arms, "Hello V." Victoire giggles. She looks over at (y/n), suddenly noticing her presence. Her eyes go wide, and she hides her face in George's chest. He laughs, looking over at (y/n) then to Fleur and Bill. Everyone watches, amused as George rubs comforting circles on his niece's back.

"Hello Victoire," (y/n) smiles at the little girl. She peeks at (y/n) but doesn't say anything back.

"This is your Aunt (y/n), Victoire. Can you say hi?"

"Hi..." Victoire shyly says.

***

Victoire warms up to (y/n) quickly after that, talking animatedly about her dolls at dinner with her. She occupies most of (y/n) conversations, begging to have (y/n) braid her hair, or having Auntie (y/n) come to dinner tomorrow night so she can show (y/n) her room. She practically drags her to the living room to play with her two dolls once dinner is over. George stays with their parents and his siblings, occasionally leaning back in his chair so he can watch his fiancee interact with his niece.

"Are you listening?" Bill chuckles, catching George watch (y/n) and his daughter.

"Of course," the faint blush gives it away that he wasn't.

"You and (y/n) better hurry up and give Victoire a cousin to play with," Charlie teases. George's eyes widen comically at his brother's words. This is what he was afraid of having all his siblings at dinner with his in-laws. Mr. and Mrs. (y/l/n) exchange a smile between the two of them.

"Bill! Charlie! Stop teasing your brother." Molly scolds, failing at masking the fact that she finds the exchange humorous. He knows she has no complaints about another grandchild.

(y/n) walks back in the room, Victoire swinging her hand dramatically, talking loudly about her mum's new cat. George admires how she looks with and interacts with his niece, imagining (y/n) with their own child.

"Blimey, you're so gone for her." Charlie rolls his eyes. The table erupts into laughter as George's face finds a way to redden further.

"What's so funny?" (y/n) looks around the table, confusion laced in her expression.

"Nothing!" He gives Charlie a look, daring him to continue. Charlie grins, winking at his brother.

Victoire tugs on her hand to get her attention back. She lifts her arms up, indicating to (y/n) she wants to be picked up. (y/n) obliges, letting the little girl rest on her hip as she talks to Ginny about her job.

George continues to watch her. No one dares to try and interact with him when he's lost in his own thoughts like this.

***

Of course, he offers to take her home, as it's an excellent excuse to get to kiss her. They walk through the gardens of her family home, her hand in his. He pulls her from the moonlights view to kiss her deeply. Her fingers bite into his bicep deliciously. To think they'd be married in less than a week was thrilling.