Boredom and homesickness

Ira sighs, there's not much to do in Rachel's room except sleep....or read (but he's not very good at that..)
He wishes she was here, most of the time she was decent to talk to.
Even the bowling alley is more entertaining than here...there was stuff to do there...like mess with the old arcade games (which hardly ever worked) play with the bowling balls and pins (the normal way or some other way) or complain about the glitter force with Marmo and Bel.... sometimes they even would play bowling together...it had gotten boring over time, but they always made a competition out of it and that kept it fun..

'What is this feeling...I don't like... it's strange...I feel so empty... hollow"

"I-i don't like this....w-why" tears start to form in his eyes.

"Ira!? Are you okay? What's the matter" Rachel comes running in. He briefly wonders how she knows something is wrong...

"N-nothing, I'm fine" Ira mumbles looking away from Rachel

"Wait...are you crying?" She asks, "And I don't believe that for a second, I could hear you from the living room...I thought you had gotten hurt.." She says, sitting down on the bed next to him.

"I s-said it's nothing..." Ira says, still refusing to look at Rachel, "Wait...what did your friends think about you just running off like that?"

Rachel shrugs, "They've already left, now stop trying to change the subject, now can you please tell me what's wrong?"

Ira shrugs, "Oh....Well,I don't know!" he snaps

"You don't know?" Rachel asks, a bit confused.

"Y-yes! I was just thinking about the others and.....and....I can't describe it!" Ira says, confused and frustrated.

Rachel laughs, "Oh Ira..."

"What's so funny?!?" Ira finally looks over at her, pouting a bit.

"You just miss them Ira, it's completely normal" She says, still laughing.

"Huh? What does that mean?" Ira asks.

"Well...it's complicated...it's when your away from someone you like and you want to be with them.." Rachel tries to explain, she's never had to describe emotions to anyone before...Maya's way better at this stuff than she is.

"Oh...hey,wait! I don't like those two!" Ira snaps, "They're annoying....and mean, I hate them!" he whines

Rachel giggles, "Sure, sure...Actually I've always wondered, are you guys related? You all look alike"

"What! No, why would you think I was related to those two?!" Ira asks.

"You have the same colored eyes...and hair, you also all have those bat wing thingys!" Rory says, appearing from behind Rachel, he seems to have gotten over his annoyance.

"W-well yeah- but we aren't related!" Ira snaps, "Wait...why do we look the same..?" He mumbles, he honestly had no idea...he had never questioned it.

"Wait, are those wings just some kind of weird accessory or are they attached to you? Can you take them off?" Rachel ask, she's genuinely curious.

"What's with all the awkward questions?" Ira asks, "Yes, they are attached to me, they don't come off.."

"Oh...do they do anything? Or are they just there? And I don't know, I guess I'm just curious...I don't get the chance to talk to you very often" She replies.

"I don't know...! Are you done now?! This is getting annoying..." He whines.

"Oh...I'm sorry" Rachel says

'Why? I'm your enemy...why do you always apologize like that...you always sound so genuine..'

"It's fine" Ira mumbles, "Is there anything to do around here...or even better, can I leave yet?"

"Well...you could hurt yourself worse, I guess I could lend you one of my books, what do you like to read?" Rachel asks.

"I don't...I don't like reading...and I'm not very good at it.." Ira mumbles, it was true..he was pretty bad at reading.

"You can't read?" Rachel asks.

"That's not what I said! I can, I'm just not very good at it..!" He snaps, turning away again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I misheard you" She says.

'Again with the apologies...'

"It's fine!" Ira snaps, briefly glancing over at her.

"I have another question...did you mean All those things you said when you had amnesia?" Rachel asks.

"W-what things?" Ira asks, starting to get flustered.

"The nice ones"  Rachel says.

"Well...if you're talking about the stuff I said a-about you being pretty and kind...then yes...B-but don't get any ideas! It doesn't mean anything!" Ira looks away from her.

'It's that strange feeling again...I don't like it..but I feel so warm..'

Rachel blushes a bit, "Alright..and I understand.." she says, looking down a bit, "I wish we didn't have to be enemy's...I would like to be your friend.." she mumbles.

"What was that?" Ira asks.

"Nothing...if you want I guess I could read to you.." Rachel says.

"W-what? No way, I'm not a toddler!" Ira snaps, he smiles a bit.

'I could get used to this..."

(Aw! What a cute ending! But don't worry, this is just the beginning of the story! I have much more planned for this fic!)
(-Spott)

(Edit 6/21/21: So I lied- this is probably the end, I honestly have no idea how to add on to this and I think it's a pretty good end. -Spott)