Chapter One: Brotherhood

About a week later, Xane was enrolled in the Golda School of Sorcery and Magics. His new family learned he was adept in magic, so they gave him the best education they possibly could to enhance his magical skills. The two boys left their home, and Xane splits off from Ezel.

Ezel goes to his knight school, getting ready for his day. When he arrives there, he is greeted by another knight. He's older than, about 18 years of age. He was a guest speaker today. A recently appointed knight. His name was Pellinore. He is usually adorned in white and gold armor, his helmet with rabbit-esque ears at the top that convey sound to him. His armor was special. Some say he hand crafted it, others say it was blessed by gods. This special armor allowed him to move as fast as lightning, and gave him superhuman jumping abilities. He is known as "The White Hare in the Moon's Shadow" among his peers. Or just The White Hare for short.

"Hello again, young students. Tis I, Sir Argent Jameson, along with our special guest speaker. Please introduce yourself, sir." Jameson says to the young knight.

"My name is Pellinore. I am the captain of the White Hare Recon Squad." He says. Though he was only 18 years of age, his voice was deep and mature. Like a man in his early to mid 20s.

The whole class was in awe. Such a young man, yet he was a captain of his own squad! "He will be giving a special lesson out in the field. So try to be on your best behavior. Two students in particular." He slyly comments on Ezel and Ken, who promptly shrug his shade off of them.

Once the whole class was ready for their special training, sir Pellinore prepared his twin swords. They were shorter than the usual swords a knight often uses, but they worked well with the young captain. They also seemed to have a sort of orange glow coating the edges of the blades. "Before we begin, I will warn you now. This is NOT something to take lightly." He says to the class of children.

"What are we doing, sir?" Collin asked.

"We are to chase, and apprehend a group of bandits wrecking havoc in this area. If you cannot handle such a simple task, then you have no right to be a knight." Pellinore says to them all.

"Real bandits? Really? Nice try, sir, but we aren't stupid." Kia laughs to herself.

In the distance, a shout could be heard. "It's the knights!! They're onto us!!" A gruff male voice shouts into the forest.

"Seriously...?!" Collin starts shaking.

"If you're afraid, then run back to the campus. Anyone else, come and show me you have what it takes to be a knight!" Pellinore then dashes off, gone in the blink of an eye.

Confident, Ezel and Ken follow after him. They both held their swords and shields in each hand, as they followed Pellinore's lead. The next to follow was Rae, a shy, red headed girl holding a spear. A few more went after them, but only half the class. The other half retreated, afraid of getting hurt or even killed.

————————————————————————

Pellinore looks at the students who followed him, giving them all an approving smile and nod. "You children did well. It's reassuring to know that such brave and able children aspire to become knights. You all have a bright future." The captain says. They return to the classroom, Pellinore sees the student who ran away.

Before he could start to lecture the class again, a female student who participated in the activity raised her hand. She was the smart one of the class. Her name was Vivian. "Excuse me, sir. May I ask a question?" She asked politely.

"Of course. What is your question?"

"Was this really a bandit attack? I highly doubt the school would allow such a dangerous activity to be held, and none of the bandits tried to harm us. I noticed when some students fumbled, these bandits did not try to take their lives." Vivian asked.