ix

[ n i n e ]

"Guys, reckon we should just brush today under the carpet?"

"Grounding." Lily stated, shutting her textbook with a snap.
"Grounding?" James questioned.
"Grounding." she repeated.

"And how exactly do you think Christy is going to take all of this when she finds out you've been doing a bunch of research on a condition she's adamant that she doesn't have." James said before yawning.
"It's late, we'd better be going back." Lily sighed, collecting up her books and parchment slips.
"Ugh." Lily groaned, as she dropped her heavy stack of books. Just as she was bending down to pick it up, James spoke, "Here, I'll get it." he smiled, picking up the textbooks, "I'll carry them, it's alright."
"Oh... right er- thanks James." she stuttered, her cheeks glowing a faint pink.
"Anytime."

[ ✦ ]

"Oh for Merlin's sake. Will you all stop gawking at me." Christy snapped, slamming her spoon down into her cereal. It was the following morning, and the group were all eating breakfast together as they always did.

"Uh... right, sorry." Sirius mumbled, looking back down at his toast.
Christy sighed, "No, i'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

"It's alright Chris, i'm sure you've got a lot on your mind." Lily smiled sympathetically.
"Um... no not really?" Christina stared at her, confusion written all over her face.
"You know, given the circumstances." Lily replied, placing emphasis on the last word.
"Circumstances? What are you on about?" She looked about the group, each were staring at her, all giving her 'the look'.

"Blimey Christy, need me to spell it out for you?" Marlene said, "Your anxiety!" she whispered shouted the last part.
Christy's eyes widened, "E-excuse me?" she cried.

James looked as though he was about to speak but Christy beat him to it.
"Look her you lot." she began, her tone dangerously low, "I don't know what you've gotten into your thick skulls, but I would like to make something very clear. I am not some psycho mentalist who needs locking up in Mungo's and I certainly do not have anxiety. So i'd appreciate it if you didn't go gossiping about me and these dumb labels." she snapped,  glaring at each and everyone of them, before standing up from the table and marching away, ignoring the countless protests from her friends.

"Well." James started. "That went well."

[ ✦ ]

First period rolled around, no sign of Christy.

Second period, no Christy.

Third period, you guessed it, no Christy.

"Look guys, this is getting ridiculous, I don't care if she 'needs space' or whatever, i'm going to find her." Marlene, stated, as the group (minus Christy) began to make their way to the great hall for lunch.