Chapter Six: A Parent's Secret

[Okay I read through the whole manga of Tokyou Kushuu for this and I am pretty sure Tsuneyoshi Washuu was still alive before. So yeah.]

Source: wikia.com

•••

After waving goodbye to my group members, I went inside Anteiku and plopped down on my usual seat. We had a group activity about doing a thesis and presenting it infront next month. I didn't know Kamii University was so tough to be in especially when I'm younger than most of the students in the Medicine Department. I felt out of place but this is what I wanted to do anyway. To help people.

I feel a bit awkward now that Hideyoshi was nowhere in sight, he said that he had this important project to do in his class for extra credit. He told me he wanted to work at one of my dad's companies, and warned me not to interfere when he applies there. I smiled and thought about how hardworking Hideyoshi is. It would such a waste if the company won't let him in even though I'm going to be the next CEO in my company after my father steps down. I want to get my doctoral degree first before I put myself in the business and medical field. But I need to get married first. Geez.

Touka-chan waved at me and asked me if I was going for my usual order. I nodded and also asked her to give me a clubhouse sandwich. She nodded and went off. I pulled out my laptop and went through my files. It was weird that I haven't seen Kaneki in a while, I would usually wait for him in Anteiku to walk me home but Hideyoshi was always the one who took me home during his absence. I would sometimes ask Koma-san and Irimi-san whether they saw him but they would always say that he's usually out with Touka and the little girl, Hinami.

Luckily, I saw the familiar eyepatch-wearing nerd serving my coffee and sandwich, I smiled at him, "You've been busy huh?"

He seemed a bit pale and his smile was a bit forced, "I had to do extra work for Anteiku." I nodded suspiciously. I moved my laptop away from everyone's view.

After bribing my father's secretary, I got all his documents and secret ones, I clicked on a document to know about the current state of the new added company in Japan. My parents has been on a lot of business trips lately, some were out of the country and some were going through the different wards here in Japan. I wasn't suspecting my parents being a part of the whole ghoul situation but I always see suited men with suitcases escorting them inside a black SUV whenever I see them off. I just thought it's a little suspicious considering the fact that my parents have their own chaffeur and a new edition of a black Range Rover for their business trips.

And it was just as I thought.

"Darling, we're heading to the 1st Ward to meet up with an old friend. They are planning to invest in our company and I would love for you to meet them if given the chance." My father, Damon Reishin Yoruma, said.

His voice was soft and loving as of a father whispering to his newborn child. He pushed a lock of hair behind my ear as he smiled warmly at me.

I was getting ready to clean up my textbooks in the library while my parents were doing their usual work, when suddenly, my father had an important call that made them pack a few luggages as if they were leaving for another month to another country. It was past nine o' clock in the evening at that time. They seemed nervous and shakened by the phone call and I got curious. I took a peek at his phone when they were packing up and I saw the number was from a man called "Tsuneyoshi Washuu." And I got suspicious.

As an heir to the proud family of Yoruma and as the daughter who will inherit her father's wealth, I was obligated to know all of my father's business colleagues, their field, and their family. And I am pretty sure, my father never had a business colleague who was named 'Tsuneyoshi Washuu.' It was the same for my mother's side.

I wrote the name and number in a piece of paper and folded in my textbook.

"If so, Father, then I request you to commence a party for the company's anniversary. I would love to get to know some of your new partnerships and future ones as well, for the welfare of the company of course. I hope you and mum will be back soon. Oh, and, you shouldn't forget the upcoming annual family dinner next week." He nodded and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

Mother gave a kiss as well and said, "My sweet angel, I'll be waiting for that new recipe you have in store for us." I chuckled as she winked at me and gave a wave.

I waved back and followed my parents towards the door. I saw a group of men wearing business suits while a gray suitcase on their hands. It looked heavy and it was thick. I shrugged and made my way back to my room.

Back to reality, my father has a building in the 1st Ward.

The 1st Ward (1区, ichiban-ku) is the Chiyoda ward in Tokyo. It is the center of government for the city of Tokyo and the primary headquarters of the Commission of Counter Ghoul.

What does my father have a building in the 1st Ward?

I scanned through the documents and saw something I can't comprehend. There is a contract signed with my father's name and the same man from last night who was on the caller ID of my father, Tsuneyoshi Washuu. I searched for his profile in his file and I was shocked to know who this person was.

 I searched for his profile in his file and I was shocked to know who this person was

Tsuneyoshi Washuu (和修 常吉, Washū Tsuneyoshi) is the CCG's chairman. For his famed strength, he is known as Demon Tsune (鬼常, Oni tsune).

What the hell is my parents doing with the CCG chairman?

"Hana-chan are you okay?" I didn't know that someone was already shaking me until I saw Kaneki looking at me worriedly.

"U-uh do you have a bathroom nearby?" His forehead creased and asked Irimi-san to take me.

I followed her inside the cafè and she led me into a small living room where Hinami was reading, she saw me and told Irimi-san to leave me with her. Once Irimi-san left, Hinami smiled shyly at me. She was so cute.

"I knew you were one of us." She whispered as if it was a secret. I tilted my head.

"I'm not. I still haven't applied." She looked at me questioningly.

"Hmm, nevermind. Where's the bathroom, Hinami-chan?" She pointed at the door on the left side of the living room as I went in and washed my face.

One of us?