I am not crushing

Start from the beginning

She was usually more than content with seeing her friends in school only, but right now her emotions were all over the place. She was worried about Asami's well being, frustrated with the events of before, angry at herself for upsetting Asami, and worst of all?

She had butterflies in her stomach.

So she was really desprate for a distraction right about now.

_______

Korra's eyes were already burning, yet she took another hit, sucking in the smoke as it cooled down. For the first time that day, she was completely relaxed. No Lyla problems, no Asami problems, nothing. Just her, her joint and her friends, though the last part was completely expandable.

"Waiiiit," Ming laughed, "I don't understand what happened."

"We lost the bet," Shaozu said dryly, smirking.

Korra rolled her eyes. "You didn't lose the bet. It's coming, but not yet."

"So, what happened with our lovely miss Sato?" Tahno asked with fake sweetness.

Korra chuckled, tapping the joint with her free finger and letting some ash fall out before bringing it to her mouth again, placing it between her lips. "Turns out Asami was crushing on me." She said. She tried to appear as smug as she could, but for some reason she didn't feel smug at all, all she felt about it was giddy.

"Ohhhhh damn," Tahno laughed loudly, "you turned another girl gay?"

"That's the crazy part!" She exclaimed. "Asami was gay the entire fucking time, she just pretended to date this Mako dude to annoy me!"

"Called it!" Ming called excitingly.

"That's so flirty!" Shaozu said in slight surprise.

"Damn right it is." Korra said with a cocky smirk. "So, I asked her to come over to,"  finger quotes, " 'talk'. Then she told me she used to like me a while back."

"Do you mean to tell me, that if we would've challanged you some time ago, it would've taken half the time that it takes now?" Ming asked.

"It appears so," Korra laughed, staffing her face with Doritos, "anyways, so she said–" Korra stooped herself. Even high, she knew it wasn't her business to talk about whatever fucked up shit Hiroshi Sato told his daughter. Seriously, that was so fucked up. And to think Korra thought that her parental issues were bad...

"What did she say?" Ming asked curiously.

"Doesn't matter," Korra quickly said, "the point is that she kissed me." She gloated, inhaling more smoke. For some reason, she felt slightly guilty about it–  Asami showed a vulnerable side of herself, sharing about her father, kissing Korra... It all seem to be so private, so why was the Korra bragging about it? But then again, she still had a bet to win.

Still... It felt... Off...

"Dude! No way!" Shaozu exclaimed, slapping Ming's arm. "What does she kiss like?"