20 |The Shoulder That She Can Cry On|

Start from the beginning

Looking away from me, she muttered a small thanks and got off the bed.

"I'm going to visit dad are you coming?" she asked again before going into the bathroom.

"Yeah."

She nodded and went inside silently leaving me there bitting my lip.

She was behaving weirdly with me but it was justified but it felt unusual.

I was so used to her happy, jolly, playful behavior that seeing her like this bugs me a lot.
End Of POV

15 Minutes Later

"Why is he like this Urmi?" Sanyukta took up an apple and stared at the helper who was eating in front of her.

"I don't know but get used to it. Soham baba is a very complicated man.

I have been with him during his teen years, around when he was 13 or 14," she started, putting her fork down as she played with her hands. "Randhir sir used physically abuse him."

For almost everything. They hated him for a reason that he didn't know of. Everyday they would tell it to his face that he was their unwanted child.

Hearing and experiencing all of this broke him. His grandfather was the only one who could bring a smile to his face.

But after a while Soham baba started to do weird things. He would unknowingly help people, care for them, stand up for them and afterwards go back to his expressionless self.

This bothered both his grandfather and I, but before he could properly understand what was going with him, he passed away, breaking him even more.

Soham would cry for hours until he fell asleep, he wouldn't eat for days and most of the time he would try to kill himself out of frustration of being beaten everyday and being hated by his parents.

He grew up lonely, hurt and complicated. He never had friends nor anyone to talk to except for me.

He loved me like a mother and he still does, but no matter how hard I want him to open up and live life, he would never do so.

So whatever he is doing know is unknown to him.

Him helping and caring for people then going back to his old self is unknown to him."

Sanyukta shifted her gaze to the stairs case where Soham was descending from and different thoughts ran through her mind.

"Are you ready?" he asked walking up to her.

"Uh, yeah let's go."

Making her lead the way, Sanyukta got off the chair and walked to towards door.

She knew it wasn't like him to lift her up and carry her to her bed. It was absolutely not like him but he has been doing it for the past four days.
(Please note guys I haven't mentioned him taking her up in his arms in the other chapters but he did.)

Pushing the thoughts about him aside for a while, she thought about how she was going to face her father.

The man who raised her singlehandedly without the thought of a woman's help. The man who taught her everything and stood by her side through thick and thin.

To see him in the state he was 22 years ago was going to be hard for her.

She already felt herself shaking just by thinking about it.

Closing the door after she sat in the car, Soham looked on her as she was lost in her thoughts.

"He will be fine," he spoke, giving her a small smile.

He was lost himself.

Trying to understand how all of a sudden his father in law met with a car accident.

Yesterday, it wasn't even 2 hours after he left his house after talking to him about working in his company when he met with an accident.

Though he never wanted to be in the business world, he wanted to continue being a business man as his dreams were already shattered.

Rajveer was okay and did have any plans of going out, then why did he leave and how did meet with an accident?

These question were being raised in his mind and he needed answers but he had do something about Sanyukta.

Her being quiet and sad makes him feel like she wasn't the woman he married.

He wanted the old Sanyukta back who used to annoy the fuck out of him yet he still liked it.

The long drive down the streets of Maharashtra, Mumbai was slow and steady, the air crisp and the silence between them deafening.

Sanyukta had been staring out the window for the past 10 minutes, not moving an inch to even scratch.

He constantly glanced at her to see if she would move a muscle but she didn't.

He wanted to start a conversation to distract her mind from whatever had happened but he just threw away the idea.

Thinking it was better off leaving her alone, Soham focused on driving holding a blank face.

They pulled into the hospital parking lot and Sanyukta was hesitant to come out of the car.

She just couldn't see her dad like that.

Even when he used to get the smallest of wounds, that accident always came back to her mind.

"Soham you go I can't come," she finally spoke.

"You have to come Sanyukta."

"I can't bare to see him in that state."

"He wouldn't like to know that after meeting with a serious car accident his daughter didn't to come visit him. He would do that for you then you should do that for him."

Sighing, she got out the car and walked inside the hospital along with Soham.
~
Staring at the ICU door, she stood rooted in her place, her hands trembling a bit, a feeling of fear rushing through her.

"You can do it. If you don't want to go alone I will come with you," Soham said standing at her side.

She took baby steps until she pushed the doors open only to find her father lying on the hospital bed with bandages wrapped around his head and arms, with small cuts on his legs.

"D-Dad," she stuttered walking over to him. "Talk to your princess."

Soham stood at the door watching her, not wanting to ruin their father-daughter moment.

Sanyukta sat on the bed next to him and took his hand into her shaking ones.

"You promised me that you wouldn't leave me. Do you know how scared I was?"

"Ma'am, Sir?" Mukesh entered the ward with a cup of coffee and a sandwich for himself and looked on the two.

"Mukesh kaka how did this happen?" she asked.

"Well, sir got call and the person told him to meet him at a certain location and on the way a truck drove right in the car when I got out to get something."

"I thought you were going to come last night but you didn't," he continued.

"She was in shock that's why," Soham told and he nodded his head.

"Please get up dad, please."

With tears now running down her cheeks, Sanyukta shook her dad to wake up but no prevail.

"Sanyukta you can't shake him." Soham went over to her and held her shoulders.

"He isn't getting up Soham. He isn't getting up." Her voice gave way the pain she was feeling making him hug her head.

"He will get up, don't worry."

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉

5454tiffany