Chapter 10 Sophie and 'Rafal' Who are you?

Start from the beginning

Sophie sobbed silently.

"You shall understand the aim we go on this journey, Sophie. We are of course in a hurry now. The snake was going to take over the world! He must be the one who brought the school master back. Concentrate on what we shall do and not the minority. Remember, how many bad memories he had brought to you. Therefore, for now, just wait for another chance. "Agatha whispered in her ear in a gentle voice.

Sophie nodded but still not enough to convince her. Her future depended on her actions today. She glanced at Rafal, who had no interest to kill her. Then Agatha, her most beloved friend. But after destroying the school master once, she had felt something essential taken away from her. She found out the truth of being alone had never been that real.

"So we can't continue now, right? Look at yourself. "Rafal pointed at Sophie's stained white skirt. "At least we can complete half of our journey and we shall begin walking tomorrow. Time slips fast than you can imagine. "His horrific grin reappeared on his face.

Sophie frowned, why didn't he ask furthermore about her feelings, why didn't he intend to? She followed the direction that he was heading to. Rafal simply waved his hand, a small stir of wind was formed in the midair. Transforming into a tiny, suspicious tent. He quietly pushed open the door. A secret path led to underground appeared. With a silent stare, Sophie climbed down the staircase carefully. It was slippery and wet, which made her shoes dirtier.

She guessed Rafal was holding back his words.

__________________________________________

As they arrived at the deepest of the tent, Sophie curiously peeked around. The smell of the room was liked the stinky socks you hadn't washed for decades. There was some simple furniture there like a single bed. The surroundings were chaotic than she had ever imagined. Sophie only knew the school master was living in a tower in her knowledge. She hadn't discovered that he had another home. She poked her head around the curtains. This was dark and smoky outside. It was not blamed not to discover this place.

The school master pulled them towards the hard sofa and shoved his bag to the bed nearby, handing Sophie and Agatha each a cup of the rejuvenating portion. As long as she felt her body relaxed and better. She saw Rafal hurried into the kitchen and returned with some snacks to them (although Sophie couldn't remember those creepy names). The taste of them had never been that sweet and aperitive.

Looking around because of curiosity. There was no single person in here in the room. Perhaps they were all scared off or there was still a possibility that it was Rafal's personal residence. She faced the place where the school master had thrown his bag. She knew that there must be something special inside, something necessary for him. She didn't know what to do, but when she saw Agatha smiling at her, Sophie realised that they must seek out the truth. At least a way not involving any blood. With fantastic cooperation, while Agatha walked towards the door of the kitchen, guarding her against his sight, she grabbed the bag in her hands.

She dug her fingers in quick movements. Hoping Rafal won't turn back. She hid at the corner of the tent, almost stopped breathing not to make a little sound. With hands busying, she felt pressure kept raising immediately. She searched even deeper...

Suddenly, the tip of her finger hit something hard and smooth in the surface. Sophie pulled it out. That was shimmering in the dim light of the room. She got a crystal in her hands. In hurry moments, she determined that this was the same crystal Rafal was handling.

"Use your own wisdom to solve the problem. Time was limited!" Agatha exhaled rapidly. Sophie nodded and shook the crystal insanely nonstop. Still, nothing appeared on it. Instead, The whole crystal turned into pure red, similar to the colour of fresh blood. She dropped it in shock, probably couldn't stand the scent. It fell and cracked into pieces. Spilling the whole floor and red nasty liquid.