Part 19

Khushi Gupta.

I sat in the hall while he got dressed in his room and then a few minutes later, walked out looking all hot. It was funny, I had never really looked at Arnav this way before, to me he was always my best friend, I never even paid attention to his looks or anything, but now that I was paying attention, I couldn't stop staring at him.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"You."

"As if you've never looks at me before." He rolled his eyes.

"I have, as my best friend. You look really weird as my boyfriend though." I laughed. I was just trying to be kind of funny on purpose so I could cheer him up, he had been pretty tense since his mother called him.

"Idiot! What do you want to eat anyway? I don't have much food around." He said as he walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"I am not here to eat Arnie, I'm here to talk." I said. He looked at me seriously for a moment and then sighed as he walked back to the hall and settled down on the sofa.

I followed him and sat down opposite him staring at him, he wasn't going to feel better if he dint talk to someone, and I was his best friend, he had to talk to me, let his pain out and tell me what was going on in his mind.

"Why do you look so hot today?" he asked as he grabbed my by the waist and pulled me closer trying to kiss me.

"Stop trying to divert the topic Arnie."

"Can't you get it Shona? I don't want to talk about it." He looked at me angrily, for a moment there I got pretty scared.

"So you think running away from it is going to help you feel better?" I asked.

"I am not running away from it, I left it behind me, I had forgotten about that life or that it even existed until that woman decided to call me today. Why did she call me suddenly? Did she remember out of nowhere that she once used to have a son or what?

I don't get it, when I left that house I was very clear, I never wanted either of them to even try to contact me or anything, they were dead for me Shona, Dead!

I was happy with this life wasn't I? Everything was going great and then she decided to call me and ruin everything. She's brought back all the horrible childhood memories that I had tried so hard to get over." He looked at me sadly.

"She's your mother Arnie, just because she hasn't contacted you in all these years doesn't mean she doesn't care about you."

"Seriously? You are taking her side Shona? After witnessing everything that happened? I don't care whether she cares for me now, she never cared for me when I needed it, what is the point of doing it now?

When I went to her crying, complaining, she dint want to believe me, you know what I actually think? She knew I was right, she knew what I was saying was the truth, she just dint want to spoil her name or mess up with that woman because she was powerful. So for those stupid reasons, she let me go through that torture, she dint even try to keep me safe.

I get it, maybe she wasn't strong enough to fight for me, but at least she could have tried to keep me safe from it, which she didn't and for that I wont ever forgive her, no matter what."

"But Arniee..."

"No buts Shona, I've left the past behind, I'd like for it to remain there. Aren't we both happy here? Now we've both even become more than best friends, and honestly, I don't need anyone in my life apart from you.

With you by my side, I can fight everything, so all I need is you, not that so-called family that I left behind me years ago. So please let's just not talk about it." He looked at me sadly.