Twelve - Granny B

Start from the beginning

"It's been a couple weeks, Granny." Bakugo rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"And it's always too long." She laughed. Her hair was a mix of grey tones and pulled into a loose bun on top of her head, she was short a little bit plump and a little hunched over too. Her skin was weathered and her hands showed that even in her old age she was a worker of many trades. Gardening, handiwork, sewing and painting. She wore a deep plum dress and chunky wooden jewellery. "Oh my! And who is this gorgeous young lady?" She turned to Ren. "Did you finally bring me your girlfriend?!"

Bakugo blushed. "This is Ren, we go to UA together." He gestured to Ren and grumbled.

The old lady gave Ren an obvious wink and laughed. "Alright then, come here!" She held out her arms to Ren too. She moved in awkwardly while his grandmother gave her a tight, comforting hug. "I'm Himari Bakugo but please call me Granny or Granny B. Come in, come in you two!"

They entered the home and slipped their shoes off. The house's entryway was wooden, with a step up that led to the tatami matted living space. Pictures of people and places covered a lot of the walls. "I brought you your bread." Bakugo held up the basket for her.

"Oh good, good. I needed more, let me put them away. Katsuki, why don't you show her around? Make yourself comfortable, dear." Granny squeezed Ren's arm before she hobbled through a doorway.

"That's the kitchen." Bakugo pointed to where Granny just disappeared into. "This is the main living area, through there is the bedrooms and the bathroom. The gardens through that door." Bakugo pointed as he spoke.

"It's lovely." Ren said quietly as she took it all in.

"Well, you could do better than that, Katsuki." His grandmother returned from the kitchen. "Let me show you around, my dear."

She took them through the home that Bakugo knew so well. Granny showed Ren the photos that covered the walls, pointing out names that Ren tried to retain but ultimately forgot. "Would you like to see Katsuki as a baby?"

"Oh yes please." Ren sniggered and glanced at Bakugo.

"Oh, she speaks!" Granny chuckled. "I'm only kidding, my dear. I know it's a shock to think of someone like Katsuki having such a dear ol' Gran as I." She smirked at Ren as she fiddled with photo albums in her bookshelf.

Ren giggled. "It's a little shocking but intelligence had to come from somewhere, right?" Granny returned with an album. "His good looks too." She smirked at the old lady.

"Ah! Ahaha!" Granny broke out into a fit of laughter. "I like you." She wiggled her finger at Ren. She turned to Bakugo. "Katsuki, keep this one. I really like her."

Bakugo rolled his eyes. "Okay Granny B, dial it back a little." He grumbled.

Granny laughed. "I never had a granddaughter." She turned back to Ren. "One son, one grandson." She pointed at Bakugo. "And his mother is a piece of work." She mumbled to Ren behind her hand.

Ren couldn't control her laughter and in turn it made her snort. She held her hands over her lips and turned red with embarrassment. It only made Granny B laugh harder. "Here's little Katsuki." Granny put on a baby talk voice and pointed to a photo of Bakugo.

He was lying in a crib with his arms crossed and his iconic frown already carved into his round baby face. "There's no denying that's you." Ren looked up at Bakugo and smirked.

He blushed and pouted. "Okay, Granny." Bakugo grabbed the album. "That's enough embarrassing me for now."

Granny chuckled. "Come, come, come see my garden." She took Ren's wrist and led them to the back door. Ren glanced at Bakugo and gave him an 'alright then' smile. "I'm really proud of it." Granny opened the back door and Ren immediately gasped in awe.