Ch.11 Opening the tomb

Start from the beginning

"Hey B. Stefan told me. Are you ok?" I asked relieved that she called.

"Hey Ry, and yeah I'm ok, but we need to talk." Bonnie answered back.

"Sure. Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at Grams with Stefan and Elena. We'll see you soon." Bonnie replied before we hung up. I got to my Grams house, knocked on the door, and was engulfed in a hug from Grams.

"It's good to see you too Grams." I laughed as I hugged her back.

Grams led me into the kitchen where Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie stood. I hugged Bonnie and hugged Stefan as well. Before I could say anything, Stefan spoke. "I had to make Ryleigh stay with Jeremy because she was on a war path."

"What do you mean?" Grams asked confused, just before Elena could say anything.

"I was ready to kill anyone who ever took the people I love. I almost left to go hunt Anna down, but Stefan talked me out of it." I replied.

"She also had Bonnie taken as well." Stefan said and that threw me for a loop, and that's not a good thing.

I hugged Bonnie again, but this time I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't believe that, that bitch had my cousin taken just so she could open that damn tomb. If I see her, she better watch it because when I'm mad, then you better run. We stood there for I don't how long until Grams broke up our moment by saying that she would help open the tomb. While she was talking to Stefan, I took that moment to hug Elena. I was happy that everyone was safe, but I was still pissed off, so I decided to go with everyone to the tomb. I know I should be going to the party, but my family needs me more.

"You sure you want to help Ry?" Elena asked as she stood behind Stefan.

"Not really Elena, but if it will get Damon to leave town forever then I'll do whatever it takes." I replied as I stood next to Grams.

"I'm touched Ryleigh." Damon said as he looked over to me.

"Whatever." I growled.

"Ryleigh, sweetie, you better let us handle the spell because we need someone who can kill the others after Damon gets what he wants." Grams said as she looked at me.

I gave her a look, but agreed anyway because I knew that I couldn't win with her. I stood by and watched as Bonnie and Grams started chanting in some foreign language. I got pissed off when Damon dragged Elena into the tomb, but I was told, by Elena, to cool it. I decided to go help Stefan, but regretted that decision when I came face to face with Anna.

"Stay back Ryleigh." Stefan said as I glared at Anna.

I stayed quiet, but that's all I needed to do because Ben, the other vampire that held Bonnie and Elena hostage, dropped to the ground in pain.

"You stop the bitch. I'll handle him." I growled to Stefan as I walked closer to Ben and Jeremy, who was out cold. Before Stefan could move, Anna ran past me, and that broke my concentration, so Ben got up and threw me into a tree. Ben then attacked Stefan, who tossed him to the ground, before setting him on fire. I was glad that Stefan could be ruthless when he needed to be.

"Are you ok?" Stefan asked as he helped me up.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I replied as we walked back into the tunnel, but not before checking on Jeremy. Stefan ended up running into the tomb because Elena screamed. Grams had to stop Bonnie from stopping him and me from going in there. Bonnie ran over to the Grimiore and started begging Grams to help her. I would've but I was told to stay out of it. We watched as Elena ran out, but Stefan didn't. I barely listened to the conversations going on around me because all I could think about was Jeremy. I know, I'm stupid, and I must not care about my family like I say I do, but Anna was probably going to kill him, so I mean what am I supposed to do. After a few more minutes, Elena, Stefan, and Damon all came running out of the tomb, but Katherine wasn't with them. I was confused until Stefan drove me to Elena's and explained that Katherine wasn't in the tomb. I was kinda glad but then not glad. You know what I mean? I watched Elena hand Jeremy something for his head, and couldn't help but wonder how Grams was doing.

Elena must have read my mind because she said that we were going to Grams' house to see them. I was extremely happy because I knew that, that spell took a lot out of her. Elena was talking to Stefan on the phone and Bonnie and I were making tea for Grams. I was thankful that we were all alive, but something felt off. Bonnie screamed for Elena and I and that's when I knew that my feeling was right. Elena and I ran into Grams' room and saw that she was dead. Elena ran to call an ambulance and I tried to calm my cousin down. It didn't work until Elena came in the room. She ended up holding Bonnie from behind while I held her from the front. We all were crying, but Bonnie was taking it the hardest.

Elena drove me home and I cried myself to sleep that night. I didn't know if I even wanted to go to Grams' funeral. I know that sounds harsh, but under these circumstances, what do you think? Right now, I'm going to try to sleep and pray that tomorrow will be a better day.