1-The Wild Mess

Gywn POV

It is a mess. A complete and utter mess. A mess none of us understand or could have expected yet here I am watching as my fellow riders slowly fall apart.

Our battles victorious, but the treasures of the fallen that we are known to collect. Gone. Gone without a trace.

*flashback*

The last of our enemy fall as I plunge my blade through the weakness of his armour and penetrate through his heart.

My men yell in victory for we have won the battle. However, the shouting dies down as we begin scavenging for the fallen's treasure, only to find that there is no treasure.

'Gahhhhh, Gywn this is the second time we have one a battle but lost its treasure! What is going on?' I turn to find an angered Zion, repeatedly kicking a dead body.

I have no answer for him as the rest of my men look to me, vulnerability seeping through their neutral expressions.

Feelings of failure try to drown me but I resist as I raise my sword and shout 'ALTHOUGH OUR TREASURE HAS DISAPPEARED ONCE AGAIN, WE WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO SOUR OUR MOODS. WE WILL RIDE WITH THE WINDS AND OUR STEED WILL PROCLAIM OUR VICTORY'

'But what of our bounty and rewards?' I watch Landor walk towards me, his face illuminated by the moonlight

* flashback end*

More than once this has occurred and I have failed my men. The leader of the Wild Hunt am left to pick up the pieces of my breaking men but I myself am breaking.

Everything we stand for, fight for is being put to the test. Something out there is trying to sabotage us. But what? We battle and kill our enemies! Who is left?

'Gywn! You must stop them! Zion has turned his blade against Landor'
My gaze turns from the dark forest towards the frantic voice of Xoran, my second. Reverie broken.

Running after Xoran, I hear the commotion before I see it. The sound of metals colliding.

'STOP', I boom across the meadow we set camp, 'WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?' Quickly my gaze scans for my son Jariah, ensuring he is safe and not injured.

He was supposed to remain with my wife and his mother, Diana but he pleaded for a taste of life with the Wild Hunt. What kind of father would I be to not grant my child's biggest wish?

My gaze flicks to Landor who is lowering his weapon and standing down, showing respect to my authority while Zion remains defiant.

'Zion, stand down' I repeat now in a deadly calm voice.

'He has taken my bejewelled dagger Gwyn. I will not stand down until HE RETURNS IT'
I move into his path as he lunges towards Landor again.

'For the last time, I did not take it' and that I believed. We, the Wild Hunt are fey, and coincidentally we do not have the ability to lie.

'It was in my tent one moment than gone the next. Only you were creeping around my space around that time! What more evidence must I provide!!' Zion exasperated as his anger raged.

'Calm down, I do not believe Landor is the culprit in this instance, neither do you or any of our men here' I look around and sure enough, everyone nods along to my words.

'Strange things have occurred over these last few months. I can not explain it, nor will I try to'

Maintaining eye contact with Zion I add 'I am sorry for your loss, but I think these odd events are putting us all on edge. I am sure you will locate your dagger in the morning Zion' I say softer, so only he can hear my apology.

I look up realising my men have found more interesting pastimes than watching me talk to Zion.

Landor tends to his wounds, as I make a mental note to check on his wellbeing later.

Majority however, tend to their steed. The most important beings to each of these men and myself.

Orion, my own steed for my dear Diana named him, trots over to me, followed by Jariah.
'At least you are out of harms way' I speak softly to Orion as he nickers at my words and pushes his head closer into Jariah's hand. He has always loved getting petted on his snout.

The wind howled as Jariah and I tended to Orion, little did we realise the winds passing through the dark forest were not just of nature but of something more sinister.

And they heard my every word

X.o.X

Our very first chapter!! 

What did you guys think??

Comment any guesses on what you think is really going on xx

Please vote, comment and share
Love you all xx

This can also be found with Matillym

so guys who do u think wrote the chap? Me or Matillym ?

Lemme know in the comments!!