Ch #02: Alliance

Pacific Ocean, 315 km northwest of Japan

13-04-1942

Most of us barely sleep last night after our fight with the submarine, even when it's morning, the sonar crew on all vessel stays alert for a possibility for another submarine, and so, with our decision to helping the Showa government and alter the course of WW2, this morning, our 2 guest pilot, IJNAF Captain Kuroba Ishijima and First Liutenant Kawakami Saejima are departing the Kawakaze with a letter written personally with my handwriting, designated to the Japan's Prime Minister, Hideki Tojo. The B5N flying to mainland Japan with the escort of a Shinshin until Japan's coastline are seen, after that, they flew back before able to be detected nor seen. And then, the seaman, who's been very helpful, are now given task to teach the crew about warships in this era, and the radio crew are now adjusting their radio to accepting morse code. And so, our unit began to able to identify all US and British warships in a split second, just as they were trained to do with modern ships.

2 days later...

16-04-1942

I were nearly began lost hope of having the letter i wrote return, in fact, yesterday, i already began thinking that the 2 B5N pilots are already in an asylum, thinking they're mad. But, the crew still sure they will come, so the brass band in Kawakaze and other ships began training to play naval songs like Umi no Shingun and Umi Yukaba on their own initiative, even the submarine crew have arranged a buffet for the visitor, so they began fishing the entire day. So, if today is still nothing, tomorrow, we will conduct independent operations, we will secretly tailing a Japanese fleet and helped them to gain their attention, however, Kawakaze's radar then detect an aircraft formation, that aircraft is a B5N, but plenty, about 5. After repeating the same like when we're first visited, the plane landed, luckily Kawakaze's flight deck is big enough to land them in a single line pattern. On the first plane, is our 2 guests and a man in IJN uniform, on the 2nd to the 4th, they seems to be IJN officials, but on the 5th, came down a man, a man every crew knew, Hideki Tojo ! he actually came to Kawakaze ! so, the crew's training finally paid off, our brass band playing like an expert. After the band playing a few songs, some includes Anime songs which are popular among JMSDF sailors, like Fubuki, Senbonzakura, and Zankoku Na Tenshi No Teeze. After that, i made a light speech for welcoming them " gentleman, Admirals of the Imperial Japanese Navy, and honourable Prime Minister, Hideki Tojo. This might look odd, having a woman wearing admiral stripes, but in our time, it is very common. Anyway, as the captain of JDS/CVN Kawakaze, and the commander in chief of the 24th Combined Fleet, i welcomed you. " and so, we done a whole tour on the carrier and the rest of the ships using RHIB. They all so fascinated with the modernity of the JMSDF vessels, even they stood in awe when we test fire our VLS and simulate several missions, including amphibious assault. And to closed it, we have a big lunch in Kawakaze's mess hall, the chefs worked hard to make their food tastes best, and luckily, the 3rd ship of the Mirai class' head chef is actually a former restaurant chef with 5 star rating, our dining became very fancy for a warship meal, which also shocked the guests from Tokyo since they never expect such meal on a warship, they think we still eat basic meals. After the meal, we held a conference, discussing of a win-win co-operation strategy, it's a win-win since both of us able to alter the course of history, which they were shocked, since most of them are still underestimate the US Navy, but with our history buff seaman, he explained them with great details on how the Japanese Navy suffer major and continous defeats after Midway. And so, they all finally became speechless, since he also shown them several footages and movie clips about Midway, and the end, the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, they all just watched in awe, as the huge fireball swallows both city. Finally, after hours of explanation, since most of them are still stubborn that our fleet should be used as a last resort weapon. We finally allowed to join the fight as a regular unit, our fleet allowed to drop anchor at Yokosuka, they will arrange the housing for the crew. However, the Showa government wants us to give us the modern weaponry, they will make a war plant for that, at first, we thought we'll have to tear it piece by piece, but luckily, the mechanics has been carrying the blueprints all along, now, the main issue is working on the computer parts, Kawakaze and Mirai has a 3d printer, however, the mechanic had an idea of making a smaller version of the 3d printer which is mobile and then if it worked, they will try to make the original size but in parts. And it luckily worked, so, on our short route to Yokosuka, we're continuing on experimenting on making computer parts, when we reach Yokosuka on the midnight, our mechanic on Kawakaze successfully replicate the computer for the Shinshin and have made 4 actual size of the 3d printer.