"It definitely caught my attention! You're absolutely gorgeous, and so is your hair," I compliment, looking over her body and looking at the tight, knee length, silver, sequined, dress she was wearing. "Your dress is so pretty too. You must have an amazing designer," I add.

"Yeah, he's fantastic. He's the reason I look like this great." Her humbleness shines through her, and although we're going in to the games where she will likely kill me, I can't help but wish this were another life, and we were friends. She looks to the front of the line, and we see on the small tv we have backstage that Caesar Flickerman has taken his seat. "I guess I should get going, I'm up first. It was great meeting you Annie!"

"You too, good luck!" We wave goodbye and I take my place in line, and she takes her place as well. She was really nice, and I can't imagine her actually volunteering and training for something as brutal as this. I hope that if it ever comes down to it, she's not the one to kill me.

While waiting for it to be our turn, Percy and I talk. About how he thinks Watter and the rest of the family feels, about how my family feels, about school and work and everything in between. I tell him about how I've been writing to deal with my emotions, and he taps his nose as if he's thinking. "Mention that in the interview, Annie!" he encourages me excitedly.

"Why?"

"I mean, it just makes you seem so humane and likable, I don't know how the capital won't like that!" I nod. Right. I have to mention that. Try and make them pity me. I can do that, if Finnick already did.

Finnick.

I feel bad, I'd ignored him all day after the situation in the common room. I decided I'll see if I can find him for dinner to talk, depending on how I feel after my interview.

Finally, after hours of trying to calm my breathing and focus on the interview at hand, Caesar Flickerman calls my name. "Annie Cresta!" I walk onto the stage with a large smile on my face and I wave excitedly at the citizens of the capital.

I brush off my skirt and then take a seat down next to him, crossing my ankles. I look at Caesar, his hair dyed a light grey and sparkled with small glittering flecks, like Sparkle's hair. That must be all the rage this year.

"So Annie, how are you liking it here in the capital?"

"Oh, well," I pause nervously, looking at the capital. Act natural. Make them like you. You can do it, Annie.

"I think you all are such hospitable hosts! The food is amazing, and everyone on my team is just so kind, especially my designer Burundi, who created this gorgeous dress," I motion to my dress, smiling brightly.

"I'm glad to hear you're liking the capital!" He grins.

"I've actually been here before, and I fell in love with it. My father owns a fishery back home, and one of the capital citizens absolutely loved it and had him cater a party," I beam, thinking back on those sweet memories, an innocent kid. "I instantly fell in love with all the colors, the music, and the happiness amongst all of the citizens," I gush.

Caesar grins, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Well, you fit right in here! But do you miss your life back in district four, Annie? Why don't you tell us about that,"

I swallow the lump in my throat, trying to answer about life back home without letting tears spill over. I knew he was trying to make me seem attractive to the capital, but now I'm about to cry on capital film.

"Oh, I miss it more than anything. I miss my little brother, Alex, and I miss my parents. I miss my friends and I miss school a lot. I was a competitive swimmer," the capital gasps, "so I miss having that outlet. I wish though that I just had more time. More time to give my family, to give everyone, a little more love."