Part Eight: Sundown

Author's note: hey, guys! Well, here's the next installment. I apologize for such the long absence. I am still in love with this story and will try my best to consistently update. Hope all of you are staying healthy and safe x. Lemme know how you feel about the direction of our little drama filled chapter.

Rayna was invited to her first event as a couple with Harry. The Toronto Invictus Games. To say she was nervous was an understatement of the century.

She went through her whole closet, and couldn't decide what to wear. Harry told her whatever she chose she would look great in, but it still didn't suffice for her.

She knew she wanted flats, but didn't know what style of dress. She didn't want to be too prim and proper, but also not scandalous. She wanted to still be her own style. She didn't want a stylist either, like Harry also offered.

She video chatted Beatrice instead.

"What's the happenings?" Bea greeted with a smile on her phone.

"I'm driving myself nuts," she whined as she poured herself some water, and made her way to her closet again.

"So, our event is coming up, our first outing as an official couple, and I cannot for the life of me decide what to wear," She sat on the ground cross legged, sitting in her closet.

"Well, first of all, take the pressure off of yourself, and think of this event as any other event. You know the stipulations of everything already, and you'll break a leg. You're Rayna Miredo, you'll be fine,"

Rayna smiled,

"Thank you, it's just a lot," she shook her head.

"Tell me about it," Bea rolled her eyes as Rayna went through a couple of dresses until Bea saw one that caught her eye.

It was a chic nude dress that Rayna hadn't worn yet.

"That is perfect, how come you hadn't shown me that one?"

"This one?" She pointed the phone towards her little nude satin dress.

"That is so you," She exclaimed.

"Try it on!"

Rayna smiled, finally an option.

Rayna kept her phone in the closet as she changed into the number in their room.
She entered the closet once more to present the dress to Beatrice.

"Perfect, you can pair it with some shoes, and something over it possibly, but I'll leave that to you, you think of the most outrageously things to wear,"

Rayna laughed at that,
"Don't think you need my help any longer, keep in touch loves,"

"Okay, thanks Bee for your help,"

They hung up the video chat.

She looked at herself in the mirror and still was undecided.

"I'm home!" Harry announced,
"Hello, hello,"

"In here!" She called out from the closet.

He had coffee for them.
"Oh thank god," she took her french vanilla latte and practically chugged it.

He kissed her cheek,
"That looks nice,"

"Yeah?" She said looking once over herself.

"No need to be nervous, Rayn, that looks perfect," he reassured her.

She made raspberries with her lips as she put on her flats, and a matching cardigan that made it more casual.

"Thank you," she said as she grabbed her suitcase.