Chapter 7 - Nightmares and sunsets

Dream ran through the forest yet again. His feet brushing the grass beneath him, wet from the rainstorm that ended just a moment ago. He picked up his pace as he heard leaves crunching behind him.

He ran as fast as he could.

To safety.

To L'Manburg.

He ran out of the forest and felt much safer. Dream started running to L'Manburg. He stopped.

Light.

Red.

Orange.

Yellow.

Fire.

L'Manburg was burning, he saw Tommy with barely any strenght to go further and escape the burning country.

"Why..."

Was all the younger boy said before collapsing onto the ground lifeless.

Dream screamed.

He didn't want to be here.

It wasn't real.

It wasn't real.

It isn't real.

It isn't real

It isn't real

"It is real"

Dream turned around to be faced with the void best again. It's bright blue eyes staring right into his soul. The beast was much taller than him, even if it was on four legs right now. Spikes covered the beast's body, small dark particles escaping the solid, scaled skin that covered the beast and dissapeard after getting too far away from the body of the voided creature.

Dream couldn't move.

He could only cry.

His breathing fastened.

He was taking sharp, uneven and short breaths.

He was suffocating.

"Someone... please help me"

~~~~~

Wilbur walked into the room that now belonged to Dream, he didn't bother knocking. He wasn't really surprised to find the other sound asleep on the comfy bed. Wilbur took a blanket and covered Dream to keep him warm.

He didn't see the other's expression because of that damn mask always covering the other's face. Wilbur was worried nonetheless, Dream was shaking and whimpering in his sleep, he knew what that meant. He tried to shake him by his shoulder gently to wake him up and not make his injuries worse. When that didn't work he tried again, this time with a little more force.

What Wilbur didn't expect was Dream immiedietly sitting up and backing away, his breathing was rapid. Wilbur knew he was having a panic attack. So he waited for him to calm down a bit before he slowly approached the other and put his hand on his shoulder, whispering comforting words. Slowly but surely Dream had began calming down more. Wilbur managed to embrace the other and pet Dream's soft dirty blonde hair until he fully calmed down.

Dream stayed in Wilbur's warm, comfy and safe embrace not wanting to let go or be pushed away. Wilbur decided to ask what the nightmare was about but Dream refused to answer, only staying quiet. That was until he pulled away from Wilbur. The president of L'Manburg couldn't see Dream's face but he could tell that he must still be tired and probably a bit frightened from the nightmare that interrupted his sleep.

-when you are ready come join us with dinner, we will wait for you- Wilbur said as he stood up and left the room, leaving Dream alone.

Dream after few minutes walked into the bathroom, he didn't dare to take a shower in case he accidentaly opened his wounds, he decided to only wash his face. With his mask off he looked in the mirror and saw himself, his face. Something he never showed anyone. Dream sighed and walked out of the bathroom, he put his mask on the bed and left the room.

Dream walked to where the kitchen was and saw everyone already waiting at the table. Wilbur surely didn't like lying about stuff. Dream sat on one of the unoccupied chairs, catching everyone's attention. If their jaws could have they would have already dropped to the floor. They stared at him and it hind of made him uncomfortable. Some of the stares held a bit of anger or hate, he couldn't tell, while the rest was just pure confusion or surprise. He pulled his hood up and attempted to cover his face the best he could. He looked really uncomfortable.

Wilbur took notice of the state Dream was in and told everyone to mind their own business. He finished making everyone's food and they all ate in silence. He glanced sometimes at the leader of the SMP, he couldn't help but wonder why he decided to take off his mask.

After they all finished eating and everyone left, the only two people that stayed behind were Dream and Wilbur. The blonde decided to get up and start walking out but Wilbur walked up to him before he left.
-would you like to see something amazing?- Wilbur asked, Dream in return gave him a surprised and confused look and only nodded. They both went out of the building and walked to the walls that protected the country.
-you slept through the entire day, but i guess you didn't really rest enough, huh? The least I can do to make you stop thinking about all the stressful things is show you this one thing that i absolutely adore.- Wilbur said, climbing the ladder leading to the top of the walls, going slow just in case Dream started falling, once they reached the top Wilbur covered Dream's eyes, earning a surprised yelp from the other that made him giggle. He lead him to the prefect place.

-we're here- Wilbur said, uncovering Dream's eyes.

The blonde's eyes widened at the sight. A swirl of colours dancing on the sky, purple, yellow and orange as the sun was setting, making the clouds turn pale red. Dream slightly opened his mouth as if to say something but no sound came out and his mouth just stayed slightly opened. Wilbur smiled at the sight of the surprised and amazed male.

Wilbur sat down, his legs hanging off the edge as he gazed at the setting sun. Dream soon joined him on the ground and after a while he could feel the other resting his head on his shoulder and quiet snoring. Dream slipped into a hopefully deep sleep, with no nightmare to wake him up again. Wilbur rested his head on the blonde's and soon also fell into deep slumber.

~~~~~

Okay, the last calm chapter before the hell breaks lose.

Tell me of there are any mistakes in spelling or in grammar so i can fix them, thank you!