2

Gray

I watch him fade into the distance, his scarf dancing not far behind. I then give the sky the most ridiculous look I can muster.
What. Was. That.
I don't know whether to rejoice or repent. Because although that was the cutest damn thing in the history of all things, it's only widened the space he's taken up in my mind.

Dang it. I could've sworn that for the span of my entire life, I felt nothing towards him. But why is it now, whenever he gets flustered like that...
I need to do something. Anything to relieve myself of this unrelenting ache in my heart.

I manage three laps around town before finding myself back at the guild, trying my hardest not to hope he's here too. During the jog, I got the sense that I should talk to someone about my feelings. Unrequited feelings, that is.

It might not be the best idea to tell Juvia... She would murder him with her own two hands before I'd have the chance to explain myself.
Maybe Erza, but probably not because I feel like there's a chance that I could die right then and there. Every time I talk to her, it's never a safe bet. Too many battle scars.
Definitely not Natsu because I can't even handle the idea of telling him yet, so that leaves... Lucy?

I think I can manage with her. She seems like the safest person to talk with out of the people that come to mind. Plus, Natsu revealed that she had something to do with his... alien-like act.
If I had the guts, I'd ask Natsu himself and figure out why he agreed to apologize in the first place. No, stop that. No thoughts of him, no—
Anyway, I have no clue how he'd react. Probably not very well, huh...

I almost run face-first into the doors as I try to think of all the different ways I could approach him, so I kick them open and enter back into the guild once more. My stomach growls as I catch wind of the fresh breakfast that's cooking.

Passing by our usual place, right away I can feel his stare on me. Damn it, he's here. Quicken the pace. I grab a plate from the stack, piling it high with bacon, eggs, and pancakes, then set the platter down at the opposite end of the table.
Good thing he's busy chomping away at his meal now, since he has yet to notice I've arrived. Though I do have to admit, it's pretty entertaining—watching him inhale all that food in pure bliss, almost as if he's a living, fire-breathing, hot-headed vacuum.

As I start to dig in, I can't help but still feel shaken up after witnessing this morning's events. Thankfully, a delicious meal never fails to help me unwind.

Though when Erza arrives in her courteous manner, I prepare myself for chaos to ensue. Chaos is around the corner, I can feel it. I can only pray that my interaction with Natsu won't get brought up to light somehow.
"How is everyone doing?" she says with a lighthearted lilt, carefully cutting into her cake. Her hands are fully armed with utensils. There's even a spoon at the ready. But wait—is that really all she's having for breakfast? Science, and even magic, will never be able to explain how strong she is just by eating cake most of the time.

Lucy starts. "I found Natsu in my bed and Happy on my sofa last night. I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but it still freaks me out! I had to make do on the floor!" She weeps afterward, and Natsu's sheepish chuckle and head scratch gets the rest of us to laugh along. Would he stop being so damn adorable?

"What can I say?" he replies. "Your bed is comfy! There's not enough room for both of us, though I wish there was..."
I blink a few times. Did he just—
"...'cause that way, we wouldn't have to fight over it all the time!" he finishes, grinning with innocence so bright the rest of us are temporarily blinded.

I mentally heave a sigh as big as Hurricane Wendy at the sound of this while everyone else breaks into laughter once again. 
I've been suspecting that Lucy might like Natsu, but what he just said before made me consider the frightening possibility that he likes her too.