Karlie lets out an embarrassingly loud snort. "Jour, you are so wrong. I invited Taylor to get something to eat tomorrow."

"As in Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift, or Taylor Hackford?" Jourdan lists.

"Who the hell is Taylor Hackford?"

"I don't know, you tell me." Jourdan wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. She earns a playful jab in the ribs.

"If you really need to know," Karlie begins, ignoring her friend's suspicious stare, "Taylor Swift and I are going out tomorrow."

Jourdan raises her eyebrows with a smirk. "As in going out for lunch or going out?" Her smile only grows as Karlie instantly feels the unfamiliar red blooming across her face. She shifts uncomfortably on the couch, narrowing her eyes.

"I meant going out for lunch, you idiot," Karlie says, her tone almost having a sharp edge. "How did going out on a date even cross your mind?" The thought of her going on an actual, legitimate, real-life date with Taylor Swift is hilarious for so many reasons.

Well, first off, it's Taylor Swift. The Grammy-winning superstar. Multiple Platinum albums. One of the most successful country artists in history. The list goes on and on. She could have anyone she wants. Anyone. Even Obama would drop Michelle for Taylor. It wouldn't be surprising.

Two, Karlie is totally, 100% straight, so a relationship wouldn't even work out. Turning down Taylor Swift for a date wouldn't be ideal, but she wouldn't want to lead her on. That's just cruel– even if Karlie has been itching to spend more time with her.

And three, Taylor also is probably straight. And if she isn't... well, she does a damn good job at hiding it.

"I dunno, you and Taylor together isn't really that far-fetched. I mean, you two completely ditched the afterparty for a cup of coffee. I don't know what you expect me to think after that kind of stunt," Jourdan argues.

"It's called making friends," Karlie snaps back, flustered again. Weird. "You should try it sometime, Jour."

"Ha-ha, that's hilarious," the model says mockingly, rolling her dark brown eyes. "So if you two aren't really going out, does that mean she has a boyfriend or something?"

"Um, I don't think so," Karlie responds, shaking her head. Taylor never mentioned anything about having a boyfriend, so she assumes she currently isn't dating anyone. But to be honest, she can't really imagine Taylor cuddled up with a guy, watching a cheesy rom-com and confessing their love for each other. It's weird to think about for some unexplainable reason.

"Really? Seems like she's dating a new guy every month," says Jourdan without a second thought.

Karlie winces slightly. "That's just how the media portrays her, I think," she corrects her, keeping her tone steady. "She actually is a really cool, nice, down-to-earth person if you'd get to know her. You'd think someone like Taylor would be really unfriendly and act like some sort of princess, but she's the complete opposite. I mean, she kind of is a princess but, like, a really good princess... you know?"

Smirking, Jourdan smugly lifts her eyebrows and laughs, "Honey. You have it bad just from the way you talk about her–"

Karlie cuts her off by smacking a fluffy pillow right in Jourdan's perfectly symmetrical face. "Shut up, I'm straight!"

"Right, because whatever you and Toni were doing was very straight," Jourdan taunts, snatching the pillow from where it landed and chucking it to the other side of the room with a grunt.

"I– what?" Karlie pauses momentarily. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jourdan sends her possibly the most unsatisfied look she's ever received. "Really. You're going to play that game, Kar?"