𝟎𝟖. 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰

Start from the beginning

For Chelsea, his silence didn't come as a surprise. Although she knew the boy, this time she was oblivious to what her statement had caused, just as oblivious as she was to the fact that her ex-boyfriend and current acquaintance were nemesis.

Whilst the rest of the pogue group insisted on walking back to John B's place after the party died down, Pope and Chelsea left earlier in the van. Although they didn't come across any unwanted people in the parking lot, he spotted commotion further down the Walton's residency, insisting he'd stop the car at the beginning of the road.

"If that's ok with you, of course."

"It is," she chuckled, caressing his cheek "but is there any reason?"

"Your mother is probably back, and this is not the image I want to give off." He lied, better than he had ever lied before. Revealing the ridiculous fear of facing Rafe and his group of kooks was something Pope wasn't ready to explain to Chelsea.

"Alright, but I do want you to meet her someday."

She closed her sentence off with a strong peck against the teens lips, which he unexpectedly returned. In her lips, he could taste the alcohol from that evening, which was the main reason for her energy.

After a short, yet intense kiss, she hopped down the van and waved her hand at him, strutting clumsily across the pavement driveway that lead towards the large white mansion.

Not much was in the teen's mind, except the amount of fun she had had that night. Memories of Pope and his friends danced across her mind, before being interrupted.

"Hey Chelsea, why are you out this late?"

She stopped dead in her tracks, facing her older brother who was leaning against his jeep alongside with some of his friends and respective cars. "Why don't you mind your business?" Amongst the group of five, her eyes locked with a very familiar set that smirked at her.

"You didn't even tell us where you were going, I'm going to tell mom-"

Her middle finger shut his brother off, as she continued making her way towards the steps that lead her into the porch. Behind her, a couple of laughs and teasing could be heard as she opened the door.

At this moment, there was just one thing in her mind, and that was her bed. Therefore, between her drunk slurring and weariness, her sheets cuddled her into sleep in a matter of minutes.

- ⋆ -

"You're joking! You are dating Rafe's ex?"

"JJ, chill-"

"Rafe Cameron's ex? You stole Rafe's girl?"

"Well, if you phrase it like that..."

"Pope Heyward, my handsome intelligent friend, straight from The Cut — took the head leader of the Kook's, Rafe Cameron's conquest away. My brother, this is too good! This is honestly too good." JJ clutched onto his stomach, grasping for air that his laughter took away.

"Guys, help me out here." A distressed Pope cried for help, looking towards the two other group members who were all too unfazed to say a word. Unlike JJ's hysteria and hyper-activeness, the alcohol and weed in their blood had them relaxed to a max, therefore they weren't trying to participate in the following debate.

"But she seems so nice," Kie slurred her words, leaning against the couch frame with a set of lazy, heavy eyes.

"Or is she? Man, imagine if she's a complete Kook in disguise. She does use expensive words."

"Anything sounds expensive to your dumb ass." The curly-headed raised her eyebrow.

"Thank you, Kie. I appreciate it. Now JJ, she's completely not like them, can you just chill for a second?"

"Alright, alright. I'll chill." JJ paused in the middle of the room as the only person standing up, before looking back up and Pope which caused him to burst in laughter once again "this is hilarious. Finally, the Pogues get the final laugh in something, and my boy has just given the best hit anyone can give."

"A bit dramatic, I believe..."

"Rafe Cameron is going down."

"Can you not-"

"Pope, you are the man!"

"It's not even funny."

As the blonde's antics displayed in the background as white noise, Pope re-grouped his thoughts as a flashback from earlier that evening rang his mind. Although he much preferred to be dreaming of a moment like this, the certainty and realness of Chelsea's words carved his brain.

She seemed rather dismissive when giving him the news, perhaps because she didn't see Rafe as Pope saw him and neither did she know about their previous disagreements and quite-trivial rivalry. But in the back of his head, he couldn't help but play through his friends' comments — how different did the ex-couple seemed to be. Chelsea portrayed to be such a simple person, that he could only wonder what she'd see in such a hideous, arrogant person such as the Cameron boy.

~*:·゚

sorry but when writing the jj part

all i could think about was this scene !!