Chapter 9 Sophie 'His' Protection

Start from the beginning

Although the water was chill and soak her clothes, Sophie can feel a kind of warmth she had missed a long time ago.

She lifted her head. She could only notice a caring person instead of an evil leader who was destinated to conquer over the whole world. 'Rafal' seemed to recognise Sophie's hesitation. He smiled kindly at her as if they were as close as families.

She quickly brushed it off and grabbed the school master's waist like a polar bear. Their feet left up from the ground. Her vision began to spin. Her body became lighter and lighter as a sheet of paper. She was worried. She clenched her true love's clothes tighter.

Suddenly, she couldn't feel any headache then, her feet slowly touched the comfortable grassland. They eventually reached.

_____________________________________________________________________________

She used a handkerchief to wipe her dirty face and tidied up her hair like a birds nest. However, Sophie's face was stained with mud. Agatha wasn't an outcast of that too. Rafal was even worse. He couldn't manage to stand up properly, but he was walking the fastest.

"Where are we going? "Sophie couldn't hold back her interest anymore. Her head stuck nearer to Rafal with intention essay.

'Rafal' tensed. "We are heading towards a hidden important place, but this won't risk too much. "He held both Agatha and Sophie's hands. He never slowed down at all.

Sophie became speechless. She took a glimpse of Agatha, who was still staring at Rafal, thinking about solutions to flee as quick as they could. She followed the ex-school master behind, who kept tripping over the small stones covering the entire muddy land. However, he always maintained balance at last. During the period towards the 'essential' place which he was talking about, he sometimes looked back to the girls and kept an eye on them. This made Sophie wondered if he really cared about their safety or only to ensure they won't get away secretly. Rafal pulled out the map hidden in his pocket, mumbling something at it.

They went into a dark and misty forest. She coughed as she swept away the fog blinding her sight. The paths dramatically narrowed a lot. They had to leap across the obstacles, or else they would all fell together. Some long thin vines dropped from the tall trees covered the whole ceiling. They couldn't even define if it was night or day at all.

Sophie hated jungles a lot. That damaged her dress, of course! The school master speeded up. Sophie spotted some fresh blood seeped into his black jeans. Almost soaked with blood. Sophie glanced at herself too. She wasn't feeling well yet. The dress from Japeth around her waist became heavier and tighter. Her movements began to obtuse. Her pressure raised. She was eventually afraid. Afraid of Rafal after what he had done to her before, tricking her into his traps for his own purpose. She feared if she told him about her condition, he would hurt her again.

She continued to catch up with him, ignoring the pain. Despite knew she couldn't rest, but when she peeked at the endless forest. She froze. She was quite certain that the school master might discover that soon, but why did she even mind? Rafal was far than worse a lot. Why didn't they just simply attack him? Sophie drew closer to him, pretending nothing had happened before.

"How much does the journey take then? "She questioned.

Rafal looked in deep compassion, " Well. In my estimation, if there are no special events that happened on our way. It will only take half an hour if you can walk faster. "He replied with head faced down as he looked at his once true love.

She smiled, "I think it will just spend us around a minute or so, which will be much efficient than all ways in the world. " Agatha continued, she understood her best friend.

The school master frowned and snapped, "If I am not carrying you two, I can travel such short distance in only a minute or two. "He raised his brows, ready to fire back. He stopped walking as if he noticed something unusual.

"I thought it will have a high chance to happen now. " Sophie strengthened her voice. Her witchy grin appeared on her face. Suddenly, the tip of Sophie's finger was glowing hot pink in the back, Agatha's too, very gold.

The school master scanned them more thoroughly. His expression was like in huge conflict. "I can feel something strange here, a kind of smell of some nasty blood of a villain. " Rafal uttered. His pale skin was as white as snow.

Sophie glared at Rafal sharply. She raced towards him at a great speed. This time, she didn't hesitate anymore. She had killed him before. Now, she must do that again. He seemed to notice something. He might be wise, but he never knew there will be people who were eviler than him.

Good ends up with a kiss.

Evil ends up with a kill. 

She silently pointed her finger at the back of the school master. Twinkling sparks of pink fire grew larger and larger, more and more brilliant.

Rafal glanced at them in understanding. However, Sophie couldn't wait to strike. Her glow was shining as bright as ever.

He looked at them at once. His sight never removed from Sophie. Despite her eyes looked firm, her hand was shaking.

Sophie seized her fists, ready for the kill.

"Wait. There is really something wrong with you. You're hurt. Of course, I sensed a villain's blood here. " Rafal suggested.

Sophie stuck again. All she could see was the evil school master forming some bandages in the midair as he kneed down on the ground. He didn't even care about making his clothes dirty.

"I- I-" Sophie stammered.

"Rest for a moment now, too much walking for a teenager. " His voice didn't include any emotions, but Sophie never attempted to kill him anymore.

She had failed. She wasn't expecting this. He's really protecting them.

That made Sophie even think: if their once love true or fake?

Sorry if this chapter is too bad since I never have the patience to stop updating. Please comment below if there are any opinions!