Everything there is to know about Vat Dyes

When you observe the world of dyes, it is evident that there are numerous types and sub-types that can be chosen from. A huge range of alternatives are provided by manufacturers of dyes and pigments for the functioning of a lot of different varieties. One form of dyes that is popular mainly in the textile industry is the vat dye. The most trusted and reliable vat dyes manufacturers can help you get your hands on vat dyes in different forms, namely powder and paste. While vat dyes are manufactured synthetically in the modern times, they were originally derived from plants and the most ancient vat dye is indigo, which is a hugely demanded dye in the textile and fabric industry. The name of the dye is derived from the method using which it is applied on a surface. Vat dyeing is done with the use of a vat or a tub.

There are several characteristics that are associated with the vat dye, which is why vat dye manufacturers find a lot of demand for the particular kind of dye. Here is a list of the dye characteristics that create a good demand for it:

Excellent Fastness: It is an established fact that vat dyes have excellent fastness which is better in comparison to a lot of other dyes. This means that when textiles are dyed in vat dyes they are known to hold colour much better than other dye alternatives.

Unending brightness: The use of vat dyes is preferred because the colour that is originally applied lasts and keeps the fabrics looking fresh and vibrant through a long period of time. This is something that helps in increasing the functional value of the product on which the dyes are used.

Versatility: While vat dye manufacturers offer dyes that are insoluble in water, they can be combined with chemicals to make the dyes water soluble. This means that the use of the dyes is simple and easy, which is why it is high in demand.

The cotton industry relief greatly on vat dyes because they are best suited for dyeing on cellulosic fibres. With the help of caustic soda and a high pH of the dye bath, cotton is dyed with the dye. While blue vat dyes were originally highly popular, they are now available in a wider variety of colors when you choose to buy them from the best vat dye manufacturers. One of the most important industries that make use of the dye is the denim industry. With jeans being a popular choice of apparel for a lot of people across ages and genders, the use of the type of dye is bound to grow steadily.

With the range of characteristics and the fastness of the dye, it can be concluded that Vat dyes have been and will continue to be a preferred choice for a lot of industries that need to make use of the cotton fabric in a colored form.

For more information visit : http://vipulorganics.com/vat-dye.htm