Chapter 2

We are back home. Rosemary and Darius are in bed. We are in our bed. Talking and coming up with ways to keep ourselves safe. More importantly, keeping Peeta, Rosemary, and Darius safe.

     "I'll call Haymitch," says Peeta,"He'll know what to do." I don't object when he tells me. I lay in my bed as he goes downstairs. I start rembering my favorite song from when I was little. When I was safe. I start singing.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree."
     I hear Peeta walking back upstairs. I sit up in anticipation.

     "Haymitch and Effie are on their way here. They got married in the Capitol," he tells me. This shocks me and I can't think of anything to say from shock. So I just lay back down.

    "If only I ate those berries and let you go home. Your family would still be alive and so would Prim." I say. I look at Peeta and his eyes cloud up.

    "WHY DID YOU KILL MY FAMILY? WHY DID YOU BLOW THEM UP? OH YEAH, CAUSE YOUR NOTHING BUT A MUTT! GET OUT AND-" I kiss him and he tries to strangle me but he calms and starts to kiss me back.

   "Are you ok now, Peeta?" I ask.

   "Yes," he says. He holds me close to him and I drift off to sleep.