Chapter 65: Tragedy

Start from the beginning

"What a unique sword! It's my first time seeing one like that!" The demon said praising Haruna's sword.
"You know, I wanna know your name."

"Sorry but, I'm not gonna tell you." Haruna replied glaring at him.
"Since I'm not interested with yours."

"Aww.... how sad, yet here I am admiring your sword. You know that I'm an upper moon, right?"

Haruna dashed foward again and dodged the water attack of the demon by jumping back.

"So what of it? If you're expecting me to run, I won't."
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

[Back to Kano....]

Kano managed to notice the two monster fishes is slowly succumbing to poison as he decided for an attack to kill one of them.

"Insect Breathing, Dance of the Spider: Weaving Cloth!"

A dance form created by Kano himself, sending multiple layers of slashes right after another while continually injecting poison to his opponent, this could be both offensive and defensive. As a result, the wounds he inflicted seemed to leave a pattern of a cob web on the skin and flesh of the monster fish.

As his attacks made contact with the monster fish, it fell down the ground and disintegrated as he leapt forward and use the same attack to the remaining monster fish. After that, he stood on the ground panting. As he is about to feel relieved, he instantly remembered Haruna. He quickly ran towards the forest to check on her and just in case, back her up.

Because of exhaustion, his speed got slower but he refused to stop. As he got closer, he saw several trees around that were taken down and stabbed. Some still standing but it's either they're covered in stabs or slashes. His eyes then widened at what he saw next.

Haruna's panting heavily still holding on her sword. Several needles were placed on her body. Two on her left thigh, one on her right foot, two on her right arm, one on her left shoulder, two on her abdomen, and four on her back. Each of them containing poison.

"Fufufu, what a sight to see. You're not a Pillar but you still managed to stand up with that many wounds. Impressive!" The demon praised.

Even if she's using her breathing, the poison still flow inside of her not slowing down. Her legs are now trembling from exhaustion.

"HARUNA!!!" Kano shouted as he charge at the demon.

The demon transferred to another pot as Kano stab his previous one.

"Insect Breathing, Grasshopper Dance: Field Play!"

A dance form solely created by Haruna herself, she jumped and landed on different directions confusing the enemy of her exact location before she send a single thrust attack injecting her opponent with poison. The demon got surprised at this but he still managed to react by transferring to another pot again as Haruna broke the previous one.

"Insect Breathing, Dance of the Bee Sting: True Flutter!"

Kano dashed forward to his enemy in an incredible speed as he delivers a single thrust attack injecting his enemy with poison. As he reach the demon, he was met by several needles that pierced through some parts of his body.

He fell on his knees down the ground as he cough out blood.

"Kano-kun!" Haruna called.

As she is about to run to him, she fell on the ground too. Both of them are now exhausted and the poison spreading inside of them faster because of their exhaustion. Their bodies trembling as they try their best to slow it down.

"You two are such pests, still trying to slow down the poison. Oh well, playing with you two is fun though." The demon said in an insulting manner.
"Unfortunately, I played with you guys for too long that the sun is rising up. So sad that I can't even eat you both." The demon continued as he look up the sky slowly clearing.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Kazumi's now on her way to where Kano and Haruna are. Her loacation's too far from them she has to use her full speed in order for her not to reach that place by noon. Even as she run, she has her calm aura with her and her smile on her face.

As she reach her destination, she stopped and saw Haruna and Kano lying flat on the ground. Their surrounding's a complete mess. As she walk towards them, she saw Haruna's broken hairpin on the ground a bit further from where she's lying and her haori wet and torn. Kano on the other hand still has his haori on and his hairpin intact.

She couldn't hear any heartbeat from either of them. Their bodies no longer moving. Kazumi walked towards Kano and managed to see a written kanji character on the ground with his blood. Five.

She carried him and walked towards Haruna. She has her lifeless eyes open staring into nothing. A kanji character written on the ground by her blood too. Upper moon.

She gently put Kano's body down and closed Haruna's eyes as she sat there in silence caressing both their heads while smiling.

Haruna: Nii-sama cook for us again!

Kano: Nii-sama look! I made another dance for the Insect Breathing on my own!

Haruna: Me too!

Both Haruna and Kano's voices suddenly popped out in her mind as if she could still hear them.

Kano: I'll become a slayer and fight alongside you nii-sama!

Haruna: I'll get stronger and protect people with you and Kano against demons!

Take and Taro landed on a tree branch near them looking at Kazumi and the corpses of the two.

"You two have gotten so strong. You two are very brave.... I'm sorry I'm late.... may you two.... rest in peace.... my siblings."