"Ew, don't flatter yourself." Asami said in uncertain tone. Korra didn't buy it.

"I mean, turns out you're gay, and you apperanatly called me 'adorable'," continued Korra, smirking, "so, am I adorable in your eyes, Asami?"

Her blush deepened. "I don't like you." She said sternly.

"Not what I asked sweetheart."

She stared at Korra with a glare for a few moments but Korra didn't flinch. For the first time that day, she didn't feel like shit. She felt giddy and warm, happy and smug even. Who gave a shit about Lyla and the phone call? Asami Sato thought Korra was cute! Sure, she preferred sexy or hot, but the fact that Asami was thinking of her positively really made her heart swell.

Then, Asami broke their gaze. "I don't need this." She said behind grit teeth and got up, walking away.

Korra immediately jumped after her, mumbling some sort of a 'goodbye' to the gang and sprinting after Asami, cornering her in the hallway.

"Where are you going? We were having a conversation!" Korra said as she blocked Asami who tried to brush past her.

"No, you were trying to annoy me," Asami bit back angerly, "and I'm not in the mood."

"I'm not trying to annoy you, I'm just excited." Korra complained.

"Excited about what?" Asami rolled her eyes. "That my friends wants to get us together? Well guess what? It doesn't mean I want you."

"I'm excited because turns out the hottest girl in school is both gay and thinks I'm cute," Korra explained, "am I not allowed to be excited about it?"

"Leave me alone," Asami huffed out.

"No." Korra said boldly. "Can we talk about it? Not even now, we can also meet up after school if you'd prefer that."

At that, Asami's stern expression softened, and a mixture of awe and confusion portraited on her face.

"I-I thought you said you couldn't meet up today," she said, blinking.

Korra shrugged in response, staffing her hands in her pockets. "I wasn't in the right mood, but I'm feeling a lot better now. So, um, yeah. We can hang out in my place for sure."

Asami stared at her for a few extra moments, then her confusion was replaced with something that appeared to be relief. Korra opened her mouth to ask about it, but before she did, Asami tackled her with tight hug.

Korra froze. Just a moment ago she and Asami had been fighting, now Asami was hugging her? The fuck?

However, she wouldn't be caught dead not hugging Asami back, especially when hugging her made her feel so warm and nice from the inside out. So she wrapped an arm around her waist and one around her upper back, threading her fingers in Asami's hair– dear god it's so soft, like so soft and nice. Korra fisted her hand around the dark locks and pulled Asami closer, deciding that Asami's hair is her new favourite thing in the world.

"Thank you," Asami mumbled, nuzzling into Korra's shoulder, "thank you so so much."

"I'm.... Confused." Korra laughed. "What did I do?"

"Just take the damn compliment."

"But... Is everything okay with you?" Korra asked, slightly worried.