What really happened

Alannah drops me and Beau off at the house first, driving away laughing. I guess we won't be seeing them for the next couple of days. I walk to Beau's room, kick off my uggs, and my hoodie, and jump into the bed, pulling the covers up to my chin. Oh god that's perfect. Beau joins me soon after, and pulls me to him kissing the top of my head, and soon falling asleep next to me. He must be as tired as I am as soon after I drift into a sleep.

'Sydneyyyyy,' Beau whispers in my ear. He's been whispering in my ear for about five minutes but do I listen? Never. 

'I'm ignoring you on purpose,' I murmur, hoping for him to stop. 

'It's 6 o'clock, want to go to the beach?' I prop myself up on my elbows, and nod my head at him, wondering what the night would have in store. I climb out of bed, and stumble. 'Are you OK?' Beau questions. I assure him, and walk into my room changing into black wedge sandals, and a white summer dress. I brush my hair into dark waves, and put only a bit of concealer on, covering the odd mark on my face. I grab my black raybans and I walk back out into the hallway to see Beau coming out of his room in black skinny ripped jeans, a burgundy vest, and grey converse. His hair isn't like the way it usually is, because it's less tame. 

'Seems like we're in sync,' I laugh. We walk out to his Jeep hand in hand, and separate when we have to get in. On our way to the beach Beau informs me of what Sydney was like. 

'It sounds like a really nice city,' I say honestly.

'Yeah, it is. I also happen to know a beautiful girl called Sydney, too,' He winks. A sudden force knocks us, Beau grips the wheel harder trying to control the car, but it fails. I whimper, struggling to breathe, panicking. We crash into something and it knocks Beau unconscious, I try screaming his name to wake him up, but it doesn't work, making my worry level rise. I pull his phone out of his pocket and call the emergency services.

Blue and red lights blind me and people asking me what happened, if I was okay, and if I needed anything. I can't speak. It's difficult to even breathe. I fiddle with the hem of my summer dress, but when I look down at it I stop. Beaus blood is on my dress. Beau's out of the car, and being transported to the hospital. I pick myself up off the sidewalk and climb into the back of the ambulance, eyes down trying not to be a nuisance. 

As soon as we arrive to the hospital, Beau's whisked away and i'm left in the waiting room, alone, waiting for someone to come and comfort me. 

'Sydney,' I hear. I turn to see Jai and Luke staring back at me in their t-shirts and sweats. I look towards the ground, and start sobbing quietly. Jai picks me up and sits me on his knee hugging me, Luke murmuring his reassurances. Gina is coming back from Victoria sometime tomorrow, stupid fucking flights says Luke. We stay there all night, Jai leaves at one point and comes back with some of my PJ checked bottoms, my uggs, one of Beaus vests, and a hoodie. I excuse myself to the bathroom, and change, throwing the dress away, and holding on to my wedges. I look at the foreign girl in the mirror. My black hair dull, and lifeless, my eyes rimmed with red and watering, and the marks under my eyes, distinctive against my unusually pale skin. I wash my face with cold water to try and wake me up from this nightmare. I want reality and this isn't it. I walk out of the bathroom and back into the waiting room, Jai and Luke are asleep in the chairs, and they've left the sofa for me. I lay down and stretch my aching muscles, trying to sleep but miserably failing. A young nurse, with platinum blonde hair walks in, smiling sadly.

'He's OK, he has a nasty gash on his leg, that they've had to stitch up, a couple of broken ribs, and a broken wrist. Have you been seen by anyone yet?' I shake my head. She gestures for me to follow her and I hesitate not wanting to leave the brothers. Knowing they're heavy sleepers I succumb to the nurse, Julie. I follow her down the hall to a examination room. She tells me to sit and wait for the doctor, Dr Wyatts. About 10 minutes later a tall man of about 40 walks in, with greying brown hair, and dark eyes filled with what looks to be sadness. After 30 minutes of talking, and tests we determined, I was slightly traumatized. He knew this because of my lack of speech and when a loud noise or bright light came into view or hearing range I would get jumpy, and a bit shaky. He shakes my hand and tells me if anything was to happen to call him immediately. I return back to the waiting room to find Jai scrolling through his phone. I lay down on the sofa and let my eyes drift closed.