Chapter 20: Ghost in the Graveyard

Start from the beginning

Amora then squeezed her eyes shut as she heard Voldemort approach her and Aspen.

"Ah, the LeStrange children. At least some of you can follow in your mother's footsteps," he sneered as Aspen ducked his head in embarrassment. Amora simply stared Voldemort dead in the eye.

Maybe it was brave of her, or maybe it was plain stupid, but she spit right in Voldemort's ugly pale face.

"My mother was a monster, but you're nothing but a creature of greed," she spat. Voldemort's pale eyes flashed dangerously and Amora squeezed her eyes. Now she had done it. That big mouth of hers was going to get her killed.

"Crucio!"

Amora fell to the ground as thousands of hot needles pressed into her skin. She screamed in pain as she looked up and saw Voldemort smiling dangerously at her, taking a clear pleasure in her pain.

"Amora! Amora help!"

Amora looked up and saw Cedric standing there. But, instead of the happy and charming Hufflepuff she knew, this one had bags under his eyes and many cuts and bruises. He screamed in pain and Amora sprinted over, as fast as her legs could carry her. She was stopped midway by an invisible barrier, but she still desperately tried to claw and reach Cedric.

"Cedric! Cedric I'm right here!" she screamed, hot tears streaming down her face.

"Amora please, I don't want to die!" he shouted but once those words left his mouth, he dropped to the ground. The barrier disappeared and Amora collapsed on Cedric's lifeless body.

"Cedric! Please, don't leave me, I need you!" she screamed. Suddenly, his body disappeared from her arms and she whirled around, confused. The room was pitch black but suddenly more cries came out.

"Help! Please help!"

Amora looked up and saw Aaron this time, looking just as worse as Cedric.

"Aaron, I'm right here!" she wailed as she threw herself against another barrier.

She did the same thing for Belle. Then it was Tyler.

Rey.
Ned.
Draco.
Cassie.
Even Hazel.

And they all died. Every single one. Amora couldn't save them as she screamed out in her room of darkness. She closed her eyes shut and cried in pain, but it wasn't physical pain. She would rather have every single one of her bones broken then ever have to have her heart shattered like that. She opened her eyes as she returned to the graveyard and back to hell.

"Amora, Amora are you alright?" Aspen's voice asked, but Amora couldn't move a muscle. Only her eyes functioned properly as she watched from a crooked angle as Voldemort and Harry seemed to be dueling. How long had she passed out?

"Amora, we need to go. Now." Aspen urged her, but Amora felt herself slipping back into unconsciousness.

"I...can't. Not this time. Just take Harry and go," she whispered softly. Aspen looked at her one more time as Harry ran over while Voldemort was temporarily distracted.

"I'm not leaving you behind. Not again," Aspen whispered.

"Accio Portkey!" Harry shouted and the Cup flew into his hand. Aspen gripped Amora and Harry's shoulders while Amora felt the world spin away. They were then gone in nothing but a snap.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Cedric had been pacing back and forth as the moments ticked by. Aaron was extremely close to yelling at Dumbledore, but the only person that held him back was Rey, and that was enough to keep the Slytherin at bay. Cedric wouldn't have been worried, but when he saw Belle crying into Ned's arms, he knew that Amora really was in danger, and this was his fault. Ned's features on his face had pain etched in everywhere as he clung on to Belle like she was his last lifeline. Cassie was trying desperately to cheer up a distraught Tyler and a scared Draco, but nothing was working. Rey walked over to Cedric as he continued to pace back and forth.

"She's going to be alright," she muttered to him, tears streaming down her own face.

"How do we know that? If I had gotten to her on my broom fast enough, this never would have happened!" he shouted. The students in the audience fell silent at his outburst, all beginning to whisper to one another.

"That's not true Cedric, and you know it. We wouldn't have been able to catch Moody without you," she whispered as she tried to comfort him.

"That doesn't matter Rey! She could be scared, or hurt, or alone, or...dead," Cedric muttered, burying his face in his palms.

"Cedric, listen to me. She is one of the most brilliant witches of our age, and you of all people should know that. She is more than capable of taking care of herself, we just need to trust her," she explained.

"I just don't know what I'm going to do if she dies before I get to tell her how much I love her," he whispered. Suddenly, the crowd in the stands roared with cheers as the band played the infamous Hogwarts' march.

"Tell her yourself!" Rey shouted as Amora, Harry, and a strange young man appeared out of thin air, the Cup glowing in Harry's hand. Cedric had never ran so fast in his life, but the closer he got to Amora, the more dread filled the pit of his stomach.

Him and Aaron reached Amora at the same time, but Cedric was the one who cupped Amora's face into his hands softly.

"Amora? Sunshine, please get up, please," he whispered. Belle, Ned, Rey, Tyler, Draco, and Cassie all reached them, crowding around their friend.

Belle's shaky hand reached out and touched her neck where her pulse was. She shook her head and she reached out again. She shrieked and her hand clapped over her mouth.

"Amora, wake up! Please," Aaron yelled at her, his own eyes filling with tears.

"Students, back away, let Madam Pompfrey help," Dumbeldore's voice boomed. Everyone stepped back except Cedric, who refused to leave her side.

"Mate, back up and let the nurse help," Ned muttered to him.

"No! I'm not leaving her, not again," Cedric snapped. Ned and Aaron exchanged a nervous look before they reached out and grabbed each of Cedric's arms. Cedric shouted in surprise as he was dragged away from Amora's motionless body.

"Wait, stop! Please! Is she alive?" Cedric shouted, tears running down his face.

"He's back! He's back!" Harry shouted amid the chaos. Everyone stopped and turned around to look at the Gryffindor, confused.

"He's back, Voldemort's back," Harry sobbed, staring down at Amora. Aspen stayed by her side, grasping her hand. He wasn't about to lose her, not when he had just gotten to meet her again. Cedric took Ned and Aaron's shock of Voldemort's return to escape from their grasp. He ran right back to Amora's side and knelt back down, still trying to wake her up.

"Amora? Mores, please get up, please..." Cedric murmured.

"Hey dingus."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: Sheesh! That was a long chapter. Hope you all enjoyed, and I finally reached 20 chapters! Let's goooooooooo! Tysm for all of your support, it means the world.