The Plan [1]

Beginne am Anfang

"It's not about my family and our money, Tom. It's about you needing to be more responsible. Get a job, go to work, do something to get you some hard earned cash. I can't keep giving you money for everything, I'm not your walking bank. I'm your girlfriend-"

Kennedy clutched her cheek as Tommy's hand collided with her face. She stared at him in uncertainty and discomfort. She would have never expected him to hit her that way. She quickly grabbed her keys and attempted to leave, not wanting to yell at him. She just wanted to leave.

"Let go of me, you asshole. I can't believe you would put your hands on me!" Kennedy struggled to pry his hands off her wrist.

"Stop it! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." He maintained his hold on her wrist and she glared at him darkly. The look that was a reflection of her mother's when she was heated.

"You let me go right now Tommy or else I'll make sure my father beats the hell out of you." She growled. He gave up and finally let her wrist go, flinching at the sound of the slamming door as she walked out.

Kennedy gripped the steering wheel tightly and she let the tears fall out sobbing. She felt so senseless and foolish for actually putting up with all his crap. Sure, this was the first time he full on hit her, but their verbal arguments were the worse. She was a sweet girl, never really getting mad or cursing unless she was in a screaming battle with Tommy. They always argued about something and the main time it would be about money.

She shook her head and continued to drive until she located a safe place to park. She reached into her purse, pulling out her phone and dialing the only person she knew she could tell without being judged. Her grandpa Vince. Sure, he was a tough man, but hardly to Kennedy. He would always listen and console her.

The last person she wanted to call right now was her mom or dad. Eventually she would tell them what happened, but not now. If she told them, her dad would be on the earliest flight back home to Hartford to beat the life out of the stupid tattooed wannabe punk rock boy.

Vince sat in his office with a few of his talent. Jonathan Good, Colby Lopez, and Joseph Anoa'i. Alongside them was his daughter Stephanie and son-in-law Paul. They were discussing the new storyline that would take effect during survivor series since the brand split left all three former shield member's on the same show, Raw.

"Hold on." Vince grumbled, stretching out his phone to see his granddaughter Kennedy calling. He declined it and made a mental note to call her back as soon as the meeting was finished. He hated being interrupted and wanted this to be over soon.

Kennedy sighed as it went straight to voice mail, her eyes still blurring from the tears. She needed to speak to her grandfather now before she did something that she was going to regret. Her mind was racing, and she just wanted to be comforted. She dialed his work phone this time. The number was only supposed to be used for emergencies since they connected it to his office.

"You've got to be kidding me." Vince grumbled as the sound from his office phone interrupted the meeting.

"This better be good." He said clicking the speaker button.

"Vincent McMahon's office."

"Grandpa?" Kennedy asked from the other side of the phone. He could sense the worry in her voice and so did her parents who went to say something, but he held his finger up silently telling them not to talk.

The three men, Jonathan, Colby, and Joseph sat back in their chairs awkwardly listening to the conversation. They made an effort to leave the room, but Paul patted a hand on Jonathan's leg, warning him and the boys to stay. Vince didn't like people walking out of meetings, even in a scenario like this.

"Kenny, are you alright?" Her grandpa asked, and she sniffled, letting him know that there was something wrong and she had been crying.

"No gramps. I'm so sorry, I've been lying to you and mom and dad." She cried out softly.

"Kennedy, what are you talking about, young lady?" Vince demanded.

"You know how you told me to stop seeing Tommy?" She asked, and Stephanie shook her head and closed her eyes, already knowing what was coming.

"Well, I lied when I told you I broke up with him. I've been managing his band for the past couple of months." She confessed earning a scowl from her grandfather on the other side of the line, which made her wince.

"Is there anything else you need to tell me?" Vince asked, speculating if there was more to her story.

"We got into this stupid argument back at his apartment about money. He wanted me to ask mom and dad for a few hundreds to pay off his rent that he was falling behind on. I told him no then he kicked a chair-" She hiccuped, taking a deep breath through her tears.

"Then he started yelling me, stating that we were drowning in money and we could spare him some cash. I obviously told him no because I'm not a walking bank giving out free money. I told him to get a job, then he slapped me." She sobbed out, finally confessing.

"He slapped you!?" Vince and Paul shouted while Stephanie stared wide eyed at the phone. The other three men sat uncomfortably listening to all the commotion.

"Dad, is that you?" Kennedy spoke as she heard her father's voice along with her grandpas.

"He put his fucking hands on you, Kennedy?" Paul ordered, loosening his tie and leaning over to speak.

"Y-yeah, he slapped me. Really hard and it hurts." She told him making him growl.

"Listen to me, Kenny, your mother and father are going to get on the earliest flight and come get you. I want to see you." Her grandfather said.

"Kenny where are you, honey?" Her mother asked coolly, getting her phone out to text her brother Shane to check up on her to make sure her daughter was okay.

"I'm at some parking lot a few roads down from Tommy's apartment. I'm so scared mom." Kennedy cried out, just wishing to hug her mother.

"I know honey, don't worry Uncle Shane and Aunt Marissa will be on their way soon. I've just texted them and they're going to come to you to make sure you're alright." Her mother told her as she listened to her daughter cry.

"Kenny, princess, you hang in there alright. Mom and I will be back in Hartford in a few hours and I'll take care of his little punk ass, you got it?"

"Yes, dad." She said drying her tears away.

"Kennedy, I'm going to call you from my personal phone. I'll talk to you in just a second." Stephanie said before she hung up the call from her father's office phone and shook her head.

"That son of a bitch is going to pay." Stephanie roared, walking out of the door.

"You go get Kennedy and I want to see her first thing tomorrow." Vince told Paul, who nodded his head and follow behind his wife.

The three superstars didn't know what to say. They just stared at each other then back at Vince who was rubbing his temples and whispering something to himself until he stared back up at the men with a devious smile on his face.

"You know what, I've got a plan. I've got a genius plan." Vince said, causing the three men to raise their eyebrows.

"Mr. McMahon, what exactly is your plan?" Jonathan asked curiously.

"You'll see. Don't you worry about it, my Kenny will love it." He smiled, writing something down and looking back up at his Superstars.

"Now back to the meeting."

A/N: Hey everyone! I hoped you enjoyed this first chapter of Our Fight For Love. If you have any predictions for the book or any comments please feel free to leave them. I love hearing back from my readers. What do you think about this first chapter? What do you think of Kennedy's character? Remember to vote and comment, don't be silent readers! Check out my other books, Little Ms. Lopez (Dean Ambrose) & Addiction (Seth Rollins).