Asahi's large figure approached as Tanaka and I excitedly pushed each other around.
       "...Nishinoya!" He said loud and sharp, not usually like him.
        I turned and smiled at him. "Wassup?"
        He hesitated, then turned his head away; it looked like he was blushing... from embarrassment?
       "Uh... I..." he stuttered. "I... wanted to make sure you were drinking water. You did work really hard today, and... uh... you look thirsty," he sounded unsure on that last part. I kept smiling at him. He thought of me! I had to hide my flushed cheeks as I blushed at the thought of Asahi thinking about me when there was no reason to.
       "Yeah, Noya! Go drink some water!" Tanaka chimed in. He knew what he was doing.
        I turned to find Asahi's arm outstretched, holding out his water bottle. He was offering his water bottle?!? Didn't he already drink out of it?! Wasn't that a... a...
"O-oh, wait. I already drank out of this," Asahi hastily pulled his arm back. I felt a hint of disappointment, then quickly shook the feeling as Asahi kept going.
"I'll go get yours for you, Nishinoya. Give me a second," he started walking towards the water Yachi and
Kiyoko-san to get me water.
"Ooh... almost an indirect kiss! Smoochie smo-" I turned around and covered Tanaka's mouth before he said any more.
"I know. It was an accident. If he realized what he was doing, he wouldn't have offered!" I scolded Tanaka, but not rudely.
He chuckled, "Yeah, I know." He almost sounded as disappointed as I felt. "You'll get your shot. I know you will."
"Here!" Asahi got back, now holding out a different bottle. I smiled anyway, still thankful that Asahi even went through the trouble of getting me water. I'll get my shot. I'll get my shot. When, though?
————————————————————

It was class time, but I couldn't focus. I kept thinking about Asahi. Of course I can't focus. I need to know what he told Suga-san and Daichi-san. I thought to myself as I doodled on my notes. My heart raced in anticipation. I needed to know if I still had a chance. A thought crept into my brain. What if... what if he really doesn't like me like that? Not even a little bit? What would I do then? If he really didn't like me, then would I have to force myself not to like him? Will I have to find a new crush, or go back to 'crushing' on Kiyoko?
I fiddled with my pen, then looked out the window. The sky was beginning to be enveloped by the dark rain clouds, threatening us to storm.
Dang it. I didn't bing an umbrella to school. I didn't even bring a waterproof jacket. I liked the rain, but not when I'm getting soaked. Maybe it won't rain until after school..? I could only hope that I wouldn't get poured on when I was walking home.
"Nishinoya Yuu!" I jumped halfway out of my seat as the teacher yelled my name.
Snickers poked at my ears from the back of the class.
"If you want to pass my class, I recommend you stop daydreaming and take notes! Your grade is already suffering enough as it is, don't make this more difficult for yourself," he scolded me, exposing my situation with the whole class. I leaned forward down in my seat and began writing down what was on the board, sweating with embarrassment as I heard whispers across the class. Great.
"Yeah, Nishinoya, your hair may make you taller but it won't make you any smarter!" someone behind me called, erupting a roar of laughter across the room. I lowered my head more. Akemi Takahashi... the one who always makes fun of my hair and anything else he can think of.
"Alright, alright, enough!" The teacher struggled to raise his voice. My blood boiled. Takahashi was a popular guy... the jock of all jocks. Nobody in the class was going to stop him, and the teacher detested me enough to not show any pity. I retaliated.
"Well at least my hair doesn't look like a pile of dog shi-!"
"THATS ENOUGH!" The teacher slammed his book down on his desk, his face red. Everyone stopped and sat in dead silence as the teacher's piercing eyes dared ours to look. "Now! We will continue this lesson with no further interruption, is that understood Nishinoya Yuu? Takahashi Akemi?"
"Yes, sir," I mumbled, hearing a slight echo from Takahashi.
"Right then..." the teacher continued his lesson.
I was writing down notes, when I felt something hit the back of my head when the teacher had his back turned. I made sure he wasn't going to turn around, then looked down behind my seat.
By the leg of the chair sat a piece of paper, crumpled up into a ball. I picked it up and hid it under my desk as the teacher turned around to flip the page in his textbook.
When he faved the chalkboard again, I swiftly uncrumpled the paper and read the note inside.
You're dead, shrimp, the paper read. Then at the bottom, he added I'm serious this time. Takahashi was always doing this, making empty threats and telling me he'll beat me to a pulp. Of course, they were only bluffs and he never actually attempted it. I stuffed the paper into the depths of my backpack, then got back to taking notes, ignoring the stupid paper from stupid Takahashi.
Suddenly, I heard a strange noise. I looked to my side and saw tiny drops of rain splattering against the window. It was a very light rain, but I knew it probably wasn't going to stay that way. I sighed and glanced behind me for a split second, then quickly snapped my head back forward. Takahashi was glaring at me hard. I felt his eyes burning into the back of my head.
Does he really mean it? I suddenly doubted myself. Maybe he was serious this time? Nah. No way. His bark was way worse than his bite- if he had any at all. I'm
Wait! The notes! I once again tried to focus on the lesson from the teacher- the teacher who didn't like me or Takahashi- whilst trying to figure out if I was actually being threatened.
I looked up at the clock to check when lunch time would be, and as if it read my mind, the loud ringing of the bell filled the silence of the room.
       "Alright everyone, see you later," as if he never got angry, the teacher got up and left the room.
       I smiled and pulled out my bento box from my backpack. Finally-
       Suddenly my lunch was snatched right out of my hands. Dammit. What is this, middle school?! I growled to myself as I stood up to face Takahashi.
       He held the box straight above his head teasingly.
       Rolling my eyes, I stated, "What is this, middle school? Elementary school?! Give me my lunch back."
       "Jump."
        He smirked. I was hungry, and in no mood for a fight. I reached up and jumped for it, but he moved out of the way. Classic. I let out a breath and went for it again. This is what he wants. Helpless little me, jumping desperately for my lunch.
        Still holding it high, he opened the box, throwing the lid on the floor as he began inspecting my lunch.
        "Rice balls.... an orange... apple slices?! HAHHA! What are we, 4?! You really are a child! Your height even matches— HEY!" I tried to reach for my lunch again, but he suddenly started running with it to the door.
        I started rushing after him, but it was too late. He dumped all the food in the trash.
I stopped behind him a good few feet away.
        "This isn't even half of it, you shitstain. You're worthless. Get out before I make you," he threw my empty bento container at my feet and went back to his desk. I looked at my container, grains of rice that were left over spilled out onto the floor. I didn't care. Turned around and looked at Takahashi.
        "Fuck off!" He glared at me with his ugly eyes. I started walking out into the hallway, avoiding the stares of people who had heard Takahashi. I hated this kind of attention. I'm supposed to be strong. Out of embarrassment, I took off and began running to the bathroom. Bursting through the door, I locked it behind me, then ran to the sink and looked myself in the mirror.
        "Don't cry! Don't cry! You're so pathetic!" I screamed at myself, hoping nobody was in the bathroom to witness it. "Pull yourself together! God you really are a child."
        I wouldn't let a tear escape my eye. No way. I'm not that pathetic. I slammed my fists onto the counter as I held back tears. Why should I care what some twat thinks?!? I internally beat myself up. I stared myself in the eye. I was abnormally short. It was stupid. I was stupid. I tried pushing my thoughts away as I also tried to calm down.
       After maybe five minutes I decided to think of something else. I... should.. go meet Suga and Daichi-san.
       I flashed myself a weak smile in the mirror. I needed to make sure they didn't know I had been previously upset. They had good news. I could feel it. Or maybe it was just a feeling of desperateness. Either way, I put on my usual smile and started towards the door. You're ok. Man up! Grow up! I encouraged myself in my head a so headed towards my upperclassmen's classroom. It seemed to make myself feel better.