Chapter 1- Colette Crofts

(Colette's point of view)

Today im going to LA. my sister Callie and i are going on a mini vacation for a week. "bye dad." i hug him.

"bye sweetie, have fun." i walk out the door with my bags.
Callie was waiting in her car for me. i wave and she waves back. i throw my bags in the trunk and close it. I'm surprised it all fit, Callie has a small car.

we arrive at the airport 45 minutes early. i dont like being late to catch a plane. callie on the other hand, comes at the last minute. so i made sure she came to pick me up early. we hop out of the car and getour bags out of the back.

When we finally got all the bags, we headed into the building. as we walk through the building, i feel more and more frightened by everything. looking at all the people rushing to get on planes, secerity, and the big planes out the windows. did i mention im scared, no, scratch that... Terrified of flying!

after all the waiting and waiting, then going through secerity, we made it on the plane. just looking at it before we boarded made my legs go all shakey. i had to hold callies hand the whole time. she said my hands were very sweaty.

i hear the captian's voice roar over the speakers, ""ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking we like to welcome you onboard this Boise flight to los angeles, California. flight duration is around 3:45pm and we are expecting a fairly smooth flight today. Once again we thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope you enjoy your flight" " he tells us about him and where we are going. "we will be taking off in abou 10 minutes." my heart starts beating fast, my breathing speeds up. i feel my hands get sweat again.

before i know it, he comes on again saying 5 minute left for take off. suddenly i need touse the bathroom. i hop up and try to run in the bathroom before the 5 miutes were up. i hate standing up on a plane, also i dont think its safe to be on the toilet while the plane is taking off.

i hurry and do my buissness and wash my hands and run out the bathroom. i quickly take my seat and fasen the seatbelt. i feel the plane start up and speed down the runway. i close my eyes tight and hold onto the seat. then i feel it up in the air. i look over to callie who is laugjing at me. i give her a look. but thst only makes her lagh harder.

~1 hour later~

"only 20 minutes left, colette" callie says to me. "try having a little nap." not to long ago i had to run to the bathroom getting sick from being so scared, still. iclose my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

i get the feeling of someone tapping my shoulder. i open my eyes, still tired and see that callie is tapong me.

"come on sleepy, we made it. hurry get up everyone is leavig." i get up out of my seat and walk down the aisle then down the long hallway into the building. I'm so excited to get off of that plane!

Callie makes her way through catching up with me, "gosh, girl.... Slow down!"

I laugh, "I'm sorry, but you know I'm terrified of planes. Why couldn't we just drive here?"

"Because... It would've been to long to get here. And you know I don't do well for long periods of times in cars!" She smiles.

We walk through this whole big, gigantic, huge building of people, suitcases, machines, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were animals!

So we get our bags and do all that stuff, then it's time to leave. We walk out and look around.

"Uh... Callie?" I tap her shoulder, she looks at me. "Did you call those people when to come pick us up yesterday?" I ask.

She thinks, "um... I thought I did? Didn't i?"

"Well, I guess now we have to get a cab" I shrug taking out my phone.