2. Fire Lord Zuko

It had been only a few days since Ozia's defeat. Zuko still cringed with every move but he decided that after so many years of the Fire Nation wreaking havoc on the other nations that he should start fixing his ancestor's mistakes as soon as possible. So today he would be crowned Fire Lord. As he stood in his royal chambers, struggling to pull on his robes he let out a gasp as a deep pain burned in his chest. 

"Need some help with that?" He heard a low voice say behind him. 

Turning around he saw a girl standing in the doorway. 

"Mai!" He said. "You're ok?" He was excited to see her but also confused. He began to walk towards her. "They let you out of prison?". 

"My uncle pulled some strings." She began to help him pull on his robes. "And it doesn't hurt when you're friends with the new fire lord." Zuko grinned. 

"So does this mean you don't hate me anymore?" Mai smiled, a rare sight for many people. 

"I think it means I forgive you, and I actually kinda like you." She hugged him. "But don't ever hurt me again." She said sternly. Zuko let out an awkward giggle. 

"So we're friends?"  

"Yeh." Mai brushed some dust off his shoulder. "Friends."

A/N Hi guys! I hope you like this version of the story. This is just how I would've liked it to happen so if you have any suggestions or feedback please feel free to let me know! Also if there are any spelling mistakes just let me know and I will fix it! Thank you for reading so far xx