Isabelle says, "Adam as in Garden of Eden, Adam?"

"The one and only." Magnus confirms.

Clary questions, "So- what does that mean?"

"She's the mother of all demons." Magnus replied.

"It makes her more powerful than anything we've ever encountered." Alec thought out loud, "But- of all people, why Jace?"

When silence followed, I knew I had to tell them.

Jace was gone.

What was the point on hiding it any longer?"

"Alec-" I broke the silence, looking up at my best friend, "I lied to you- about that night- about what you felt- your parabatai rune disappearing-"

"You were right." I came clean, looking down at my palms, "Jace did die- Valentine did kill him."

Alec's rued were glued to me, "I knew it-"

"But- if he died, how did he come back?" Simon asks.

"Because I made a wish-" I could feel the tears start to form in my eyes, knowing that I was risking everything, "-to Raziel."

Isabelle inhales, "You made the wish?-"

"Of course I did- god, it was the only way to bring him back." I looked up, the tears in my eyes falling free, "I can't live without him."

I covered my face for a moment, "But- when I brought him back, it made him vulnerable, to Lilith, to- this beast that is powerful enough to murder Ithuriel."

"What?" Clary looked at me in surprise.

"Because of me-" I couldn't help but sob, "Because I summoned him- because I was trying to help Jace."

"Alec, I am so sorry I lied to you- I'm so sorry I kept this from you." I looked at him, sniffling lightly, "I know what position this puts you in with the Clave, so if you want to send me to the Gard- I understand."

"Zee, no!" Simon blurted out, only to receive dagger looks from Alec, silencing himself within seconds.

Alec slowly rounds the table, his eyes glued to me as I exhaled slow, just giving him a small nod.

To everyone's dismay, he hugs me instead, holding onto me tight, "I would've done the same thing."

-

"Last night, Ollie's mother was found in her apartment stabbed to death." Luke tells us when we had all gathered in the courtyard to discuss what to do.

Clary sighs, her hands on her sides, "Luke- there is nothing you could've done."

"Wait- Jace was able to reverse Morgan's possession, remember?" Isabelle brought up, "If we can find Jace, maybe he can save Ollie."

"We tried that, Iz." I look at her, "He must be using his anti-tracking rune."

"The Owl wasn't exactly shy before." Magnus mentioned, "If we were to somehow contain him the next time he makes an appearance, I might be able to relieve him of Lilith's influence."

Luke questions out loud what we were all wondering, "How the hell are we gonna contain him?"

"When I took over as weapons master, I read about a piece of Clave technology that never made it into the field." Isabelle thought out loud, "It was called the Malachi Configuration-"

Alec looks at her, "Malachi the traitor?"

"He invented a type of cage for Greater Demons." Isabelle tells us, "Now, it's just sitting in the Alicante Armory."