"Not your day Potter. She's still upset. He was her oldest friend you know," Kelsey was trying to be nice.

"Keyword: Was. The git called her a you-know-what!" Sirius protested but Remus held him back and shook his head telling him to stop speaking.

"Just give her some time to cool. Erm, probably best if you avoid her for a few weeks once school starts too," Mary added.

"Okay," Potter whispered, sounding like a lost puppy.

He does follow Lily around like one, thought Kelsey.

"Ah screw it!" Kelsey got up and hugged Potter. This was a classic Amelia Jones move to cheer up people. The shocked boy slowly brought his hands around her and hugged back. "I'll talk to her for you," she whispered and felt him nod. She pulled away and smiled.

"It's weird seeing you bummed," she said and pinched his cheeks making everyone except Sirius laugh. James turned a little pink. She went to ruffle his hair like a kid but he swatted her hand away and pulled her in for another side hug whispering another Thanks.

"This is the first and last time you can expect me to be this nice. But only because you left me alone for half the year," Kelsey joked.

She saw Sirius looking at her funny, standing stiff, his eyes fixed on James' arms around her shoulder.

Remus looked amused.

ϟ

September 1976

"Really, Black? Again?" Kelsey called out, sounding tired. It was a little past nine in the evening and Kelsey was on patrol with another Ravenclaw prefect. Or she had been until a minute ago. You see, the pair heard a bit of shuffling in the next corridor which had naturally prompted Kelsey to come over.

But her partner, Barneby Belter, seemed reluctant to and had skirted off, pretending to check another hallway. Almost as if he knew what they would find here.

"Lovely evening, innit?" Sirius mused appearing from the shadows. Kelsey looked shiftily behind him. She thought she saw something shimmer but maybe it was just her eyes playing tricks. Coincidentally, they were standing next to a small broom cupboard on the ground floor, by the courtyard.

"Who have you got in there this time?" she asked peeking at the cupboard.

Sirius shook his head. "Just me," he said.

She walked over to him, taking in his appearance. He didn't look dishevelled. The shirt buttons were all proper. He had paired it with some Snitch-themed pyjama bottoms that hung low on his hips. Realising where her gaze was, she focused on his face.

His lips were the normal amount of pink - not the post-snogging kind. They weren't pink. Not too pink that is.

"See something you like?"

Kelsey's thoughts were interrupted.

"You need to go back now," she ignored what he had said.

"But it's such a nice evening! Bright full moon. Perfect for a stroll in the forest," Sirius started protesting.

"Exactly it's past curfew. Don't make me give you detention," she warned.

"Live a little. Smell the roses. Take a stroll," he started walking away from her and she immediately followed.

"I am literally on a patrol," she reminded him, catching up. She grabbed his hand, making him stop.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Kitchens?" Sirius asked, sounding unsure.

"Oh hell no. Off you go, back to your dorms. Don't make me bind you & drag you myself," she said drawing out her wand.

"Kinky. Didn't know you had it in you Jones," Sirius drawled suddenly leaning over to her, reaching out to caress her face. She swatted his hand away. "Sadly, I'm on a time crunch here. Raincheck perhaps," he started.

Kelsey wondered how he could be so bold. Did other prefects always let him off? She needed to have a word with Belter.

"Oh! Would you look at that! By the moon up there! Is that a bird? A plane?" Sirius faked, trying to draw her attention, but she held him back by the collar.

"Dorms. Now. Wouldn't want a big bad wolf coming for you on this bright full moon," she joked unknowingly and started pulling him towards the Gryffindor dorm.

"What did you just say?" Sirius dragged his feet, making her come to a stop. He looked at her a little worried, almost scared. She felt bad.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist! It was a joke, Black," she rolled her eyes. "Because it's a full moon? There aren't any werewolves out there in case you were actually scared."

"You're not going to let me go are you?" Sirius sighed.

"Should've walked away like Belter."

Kelsey thought she heard something howl in the distance, or maybe her ears were just playing tricks. She needed to find out what he was up to.

Why was Black so antsy?

"Why?" She looked away distractedly towards the forest.

"Sorry about this Jones," was the last thing she heard before a spell knocked her out.

ϟ

A/N: Hope you liked it! Please do consider voting if you did! Next chapters up on Friday and Saturday.

GIF: GFYCAT