Chapter 1

Gons a bright kid with a kind heart but he can also be very, very stubborn. He grew up with his aunt Mito and his workaholic dad Ging which he barley sees since he's always on trips and stuff. But Gon never showed that he cared when really on the inside he wished he would spend more time with his dad but it's ok, cause he has Mito (he likes to call her his mom since his real mom died when he was a baby so Mito pretty much raised Gon). Mito and Gon live on a small island called Whale Island it's located off the border of the United States. Whale Island has many forests and lakes, fisherman from all over usually stop there just to fish. Gon was always an adventurous kid growing up, always exploring the forest finding wild creatures and bugs he's never seen before and fishing almost every single day. He also liked to visit his animal friend Kon which is a fox bear. Gon was around 10 when he met his best friend Zushi.

Gon is currently a Second year in college and is going to Hunter University in Yorknew with his dorm buddy Zushi. While there, he met an old looking dude but after Gon asked him if he was a professor there or something he claimed he was a second year like them and told them that his name was Leorio. Gon always was interested in doing engineering and wanted to travel somewhere else where he could learn more because he's also majoring in it but didn't know where to go. So he called his dad and after awhile to Gons suprise picked up. "Hello?" Was all he could here from the other end "hey Ging it's Gon...(silence)...um I just wanted to ask you something.", "Ya what is it I have to get back to work soon so I don't have all day to talk." Gon sighed and with an irritated look on his face said "Do..." he paused then instead began "can you meet me at the world tree I want to ask you something." He heard a sigh then to his surprise heard a "ya when?" Gon then smiled knowing he'd get to spend more time with his dad (since he was always working and/or out with friends) he said "how about tomorrow at 3?" (Knowing tomorrow was Saturday and knew his dad didn't work that day) Gin then said "ok." Then hung up.

Gon woke up the next day extra early remembering his meet up with his dad. He got up and walked over to the kitchen with a blissful smile written on his face. As he got to the kitchen he decided to make coffee so he opened up the cupboard in search of coffee cups but found none. So he frowned and decided to grab some at the Gungi coffee shop. He was finished getting dressed and on his way to the door he heard Zushi yawn and almost in a whispered tone ask "where are you going?" Gon then turned his head to the side so it was almost facing (the now standing Zushi), said "getting coffee want some?", "Sure, thanks." And before gon could ask what he wanted Zushi turned, crawled into bed and pulled the sheets over him in one swift motion, back towards Gon. So Gon opened the door grabbed his keys from his pocket locked the door then walked to the elevator but hesitated once he saw the "broken" sign on it, frowning he turned towards the stairs and said to himself "guess I'll take the stairs then." Him and Zushi were on the top floor so he usually took the elevator to save some time but he thought it was convenient since he woke so early that it should waste some time before 3 plus he should be more active considering he is a soccer player after all. After descending what felt like 300 steps Gon finally made it to the bottom steps and headed to the front door. He then walked to his car that was parked in the parking lot. He and Zushi both shared a used red Toyota Camry which was perfect because it only costed $4,000 for the both of them since they both payed for it. So, Gon got in the car, turned the key and backed out until he was in the street heading towards the Gungi Coffee Shop. When he arrived he didn't see a soul walking in which was odd because it's usually packed he just shrugged it off and walked to the door. As he was putting his hand up to the doorknob he noticed it was very dark inside so he looked at the opening time, it opened at 8:00 AM. It was now 7:01 AM "well what the fuck do you do to waste an hour??" He thought so after thinking about it he decided to walk to a park that was around there called Greed Island. It was a very relaxing place with trees everywhere and hammocks that you could lay in, a playground, a whole lot of benches and tables and a walking path that leads you along pretty flowers and fountains that are as big as a hot tub and going up a hill a perfect view of the city. So Gon decided to take the trail considering it was only 7:15 AM. While walking he noticed a person leaning in to the railing with her elbows prompt on it and pulling a red rose to her nose, smelling it then pulling it away to look at it. She had blonde curly hair that was half up and half down and she was wearing a gray sweater and a light blue denim skirt with light brown flats that were pointed at the tip and covered the sides of her feet so the tops were showing. Gon was full on staring at her walking her way and as soon as he got close enough she finally noticed him and turned his way reveling two brightly colored turquoise eyes. She gave him a little friendly smile, once he got close enough she said "wow I thought I was the only one up during this time" he gave her a slight laugh and replied with " ya well I'm just trying to waste some time until 8 comes, to get coffee" she then lifts up her right arm and turns her hand so that her thumb is pointing up towards the sky to motion for a handshake and said "my names Retz" Gon then lifts his other arm and took hold of her hand and replied with " I'm Gon" "Well nice to meet you Gon, do you mind if I walk with you for a while?" Gon smiled let go of her hand and said "I don't mind at all."