─ eighteen

Fallen stars glimmered through his celestial tears.

That couldn't be true. Sakusa was cold, insensitive, and Atsumu had wondered many times if he would have a heart if it wasn't to send blood through his rotten veins and maintain him alive. The younger man had made his feelings quite clear since the very first night, repeating how much he hated his partner and obviously enjoying hurting him.

It didn't feel right.

"Atsumu," Sakusa breathlessly whispered, running his slender fingers through the light blond locks of his hair, "Give me a last chance."

"We can't do this, Sakusa," whispered the older man, clenching his fist on his ex-partner's shirt, close enough to feel his heartbeat. "It still hurts."

"I've made a mistake," responded the ravenette stoically, "But it won't happen again. Let me heal it, Atsumu."

Something bled beneath the armor of the older man's muscular chest, burning him deep to the core of his bones. He let out a loud cry of pain as he rested his head in the crook of Sakusa's neck, soaking his white clean shirt with snot and tears.

"I missed you," the younger man exhaled, drawing circles in his back.

Atsumu sobbed, "Missed ya too."

The young man wanted to believe his promises. Perhaps he was blinded by love. Perhaps he was too naive. But in any case, he felt like he would always lose against Sakusa. They stood here quietly, desireful bodies tightened on the other in a warm embrace of security.

"Sweetheart," murmured the ravenette as he gently lifted Atsumu's chin. The familiar kinky name sent shivers down his spine and a rush of blood to his throbbing member, "I want to do it."

"Raise your head, babe."

Atsumu's cheeks heated up. Breathless and slack-jawed, he could've drowned in the ocean of his inky black eyes.

"Let me know how amazing my cock feels inside you."

Heat seared the backs of his eyes as bitter memories of their last play filled his mind in images he wanted to forget, tormenting his weakened soul mercilessly. He was anxious, his breath heavy, but suddenly the feathery caress of soft fingertips fluttered over his damp cheek and brushed his venomous thoughts away. Sakusa stared at him, the edges of his pale lips curled in a benign expression.

He was smiling.

It was pretty.

Atsumu held his breath; he was facing an angel. He longed to touch him, perhaps to make sure it wasn't a trick. He wanted to find again that forbidden tenderness their lustful games had always provided him — it was so close to him, he was so close to him. He opened his mouth hesitantly, closed it again, but finally surrendered.

"I wanna do it too."

They couldn't seem to help themselves. Atsumu stood on tiptoe, dry lips brushing against Sakusa's soft ones, each careful breath torn from his lungs burning golden skin with sourness and passion. The ravenette let malicious fingers run through his lover's hair freely, slightly tugging at his dyed locks as he shoved his tongue in between his devastating lips.

Sakusa took a step back as the air got heated along with their foolish kiss, taking Atsumu's hips in his hands and guiding him to the coverless bed — gentle and attentive fingers drawing touches of honey on his porcelain skin like he would've manipulated something fragile. His eternal coldness was fading.

"Is that okay?" asked the younger man as he sat his lover on his lap, stripping him bare.

Atsumu gave a weak nod, unbuttoning Sakusa's wet shirt, slowly gaining confidence in his partner again. He was about to lay himself down the mattress, but a firm grip on his arm prevented him from moving any farther.

"Is somethin' wrong?" Atsumu stuttered worryingly, a frown twisting his godlike features.

A wild flame lit up and burned candidly beneath Sakusa's nebulous pupils as he trailed his lips all the way down his lover's neck, collarbone and chest and snatched a pleased sigh from his throat, eyes ravaged with lust. Their youthful hugs and sweet-tasting kisses had gotten both their members throbbing in anticipation of their act, but the time froze when Sakusa finally spoke.

"I want you to ride me, Atsumu."