I Am Fine || Miya Osamu

Start from the beginning

Grimacing, you dusted away all the grains with a tissue. Somehow wondering why you agreed to go out with him in the first place.

"Ugh, fine."

You groaned and averted your gaze outside the window, occupying yourself while waiting for him to finish his own meal. You remembered that he was the one who treated you today, saying that it was a celebration since it was the first time you were out of your hours after weeks swallowing yourself with pain and tears all alone.

There was something about Atsumu that somehow gave you warm feelings that you thought you would never have again. The night you stepped outside your home without a ring band adorning your finger, you were sure that you left all the love and joy inside that place.

You were sure that you would never have a chance to feel the same warmth that you used to share with the black-haired man.

Yet you felt it, you didn't know what kind of miracle happened every time the blonde setter popped out in front of your house, but you felt like your heart was never shattered in the first place — as if it was always intact, as if all of the pain that you felt was just a nightmare that was gone the second you wake up.

You kept falling deep into his eyes, the beautiful shape of orbs that captivated you every time his gaze fell on your face. It was filled with affection and care, a gaze that you were addicted to. Since sometimes you could see him looking at you with — fondness.

He was the one who you usually saw in the morning, he was the one who offered you his embrace for you to cry on, he was the one who kept putting a smile on your face even without him trying. And somewhere along the line, you felt like he always owned your heart.

"Hey, (Y/n)."

You smiled as you peered outside the window and noticed the dark skies. Then again, even though the freezing rain started to fall outside, you were sure that it would not make you feel any less warm as long as you were with him.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes, love?"

And then there was silence.

His orbs blinked as he could not believe to hear such nicknames coming from your lips. It was so natural the way you said it, as if you practised that for hours in front of the mirror. No, not like that. It was as if you had called him like that for the past years of your life.

Your whole body tensed as you saw something else inside his orbs. There was something — yearning, lingering there as his face lit up. But it was amber, the gaze that now met with yours was amber. Not silver, not the greyish stone colour that you always ended up staring at for hours.

You inhaled sharply as your mind tried to tell you something, something so wrong that you were now disgusted with yourself as the realisation sunk in.

Without wasting another second, you immediately grabbed your bag and stood up, striding towards the exit and kept your head hanging low. You kept your gaze to the front and just barged into the heavy rain, not caring at how he shouted out your name from inside the cafe.

You really wanted to take another look at him, just to lock the realisation deep inside your soul. You wanted to be selfish, just for once.

But you couldn't.

You felt someone gripped on your wrist, so tight as if they knew you would be gone if they let you go. It was so rough, calloused fingers wrapped around your wrist to remind you that he was not the same person that broke your heart — yet it was the same contact that you used to feel.