- five

Enola Holmes' POV :

As days went by, I continued looking and I found hints already, that Italian guy might have cross paths with me and all I need to do is just wait and act innocently. I'm currently reading mother's letter right now and she told me to be careful around my surroundings, the spy is in the same location I was staying in.

"Miss Holmes!" I heard a knock and I opened it quickly.

"Hi." I responded and fixed my hair a little. It was a man that looks like the same age with me. He was an inch taller than me, he had a blonde, messy hair. Also, he was wearing a suit that is colored with white and black.

"I'm William Cipriani. I'm a detective, just like you. I mean, planning to be one." He offered his hand to shake hands with me. I ignored his hand and awkwardly smiled to ease his embarrassment.

"Uhm, sorry about that," He let out a laugh.

"I'm Enola Holmes, nice to meet you." I said. I noticed that he's holding a small envelop in his left hand.

"What's that for?"

"This is want I'm here for, I wanted to give you this." William handed me the envelop and I carefully opened the small brown envelop.

"Dear Miss Holmes,

I'm really fantasized by your doings. I hope to meet you soon.

- William"

"Dear Miss Holmes,

If I could be given a chance to meet you, where to?

- William"

"Dear Miss Holmes,

I asked about a lot of people where you've been, lucky thing my aunt has told me all about you and for some reason, I was happy you stayed at my aunt's lodging house.

- William"

"What is this for?" I asked, looking for more and gave him a the 'i-am-confused-' look.

"I wrote that years ago. Now I'm giving it." he confidently said and smiled.

Wow, really? Someone wrote me letters? He must have gotten the wrong idea, I'm not someone to fantasized with. I'm only a normal being.

"Thank you, William. You can go now." I smiled back.

"Anytime, Miss."

I was about to close the door when William spoke again, "Miss, if you wanted.. If you'd go... I would like to take you for a day.. I mean, can we eat somewhere down the city?" Since I was hungry, I nodded.

-

"Woah, slow down Miss. You might-"  His words were cut off when I gestured him 'thumbs up'.

"I'm okay, just hungry."

William laughed and ate his garlic bread along with the pesto we had. He's actually a nice guy, I should've accepted the hand shake.

"Do you want anything else?" he suggested and is about to stand up in his seat just to order some more.

"No, I'm alright." I replied, my words are barely understandable since foods has taken over my mouth but I knew he understood.

"Is that your favorite food?" he ask. I looked at my plate which is completely empty.

"I liked pasta but never knew they were this good," I responded and wiped my mouth with tissue.

"You can come in this place anytime you want, though."

"We can eat pastas often, my treat." he added and chuckled.

"That's so kind of you, Mister Cipriani." I called him by his last name as he did to mine's. He looked so shocked but then I can see his face getting red.

"Excuse me for a while, I had to vo-"

Couple of minutes later, he got out of the restroom and apologized to me. We were walking along the House of Lords. This distracts me, honestly.

"By the way, Miss Holmes, I really like the structure of that house." William exclaimed and even pointed out the gates.

"I really like it too." I replied while taking a glance on it.

"Have you heard of Lord Tewksbury and Lady Martina? They look fit for each other."

"Oh, Willy, I'm not a fan of it." I honestly answered.

William looked at me with puppy eyes and held my shoulders. "Did you just called me Willy?!"

"Did I?" I uttered and chuckled.

"I'd take that as an honor." says William and we continued to walk home.

***

This is mostly just for William and Enola's friendship, new chapters to come, I promise <3