"Oh yeah..." Harry says, smiling a little as well. "He told me about making you godmother-just know he asked me first-to be godfather."

I roll my eyes, laughing. "I don't really understand why he chose me."

Harry comes and sits down at the kitchen table across from me, fumbling with his sleeves. "He says you remind him of-"

"Sirius. Yeah, I know."

Harry grins. "You kind of do. Same attitude."

"I'm sorry about him."

Harry's eyes go a little sad, and I could've sworn I saw him quickly wipe a tear from his face through the corner of his eye. "He was great."

"I know he was. I'm sorry I didn't have the privilege of knowing him."

"He would've loved you."

Harry seemed to have realized something fascinating, because his face lit up with a grin. "Hey- so if you remind Remus of Sirius, and I remind him of my dad..."

I smile sadly at him as he wipes his nose on his sleeve, my heart breaking into two.

"That means it's like he's got his old friends back."

"It does." I say, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

I must've sat there for another hour across from Harry, listening as he told me excitedly about the stories of his godfather for the rest of the night.

****

I hold my hands out to Draco, and he takes them gently, slowly undoing the previous day's bandages wrapped around them to replace them with new ones as he did every morning. I looked away slightly, not wanting to see the still fresh scars that branded my palms.

Draco grabs the roll of bandages and begins wrapping, putting all his concentration into my hands as to make sure they were on tight and wouldn't fall off during the day.

It had gotten a bit embarrassing- everyone living in the Hog's Head had asked me why I still wore my bandages, as my wounds should have been fully healed by now. And no matter how many times they asked, I still couldn't answer, because of how ridiculous it sounded. And it seemed that no one would ever fully understand- except Draco.

I studied him as he worked; he was wearing his usual black button up, his hair was neatly combed today, and his foot tapped gently on the floor, making rhythmic thumps on the ground. His sleeves were pulled up, and his Dark Mark was visible, along with the scratches and scrapes that he himself had placed there. Except, it looked even worse than before, as there was little drops of blood around fresh scratches that I hadn't seen before.

"Draco, you've got to stop trying to take that off," I frown, looking at the skin on his arm- it looked seriously painful.

He pulled down his sleeve and shook his head, choosing not to respond. Then he tied off the bandages onto my hands, giving them a small squeeze. "Finished," he whispers, planting a kiss on my forehead as he stands from his chair and holds his hand out to me.

"Wait," I call out, not moving from my seat on the bed. I gesture for him to take a seat.

Draco sits down again, confused. I grab the roll of bandages and his left hand, pushing back his sleeve again. Draco's confused expression still etched onto his face, he watched me as I unrolled a strip of bandage, and began wrapping it around the skin that bore his Dark Mark.

I tied it off tightly, and he smiled, but he looked at me a little concerned, as if I had gone mad. "What was that for?"

I smile, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Now you don't have to be reminded of it either."