The potion

Unia woke up with a yawn. She shielded her face from the sun's bright rays coming in through her polka dotted shades. Stupid Sun... She sat up angry about being awoken. She slipped on her Dragon slippers and closed the window and drew the shades. Unia walked towards her bathroom sleepily and sat down. She brushed her hair and shined her horn. Unia you see, wasn't like any of the other residents of her City. There were the humans, and the Animals. Unia, was neither and both. She was part Unicorn from her mother and human from her father. She ha a small group of friends because she always felt like people were looking at her.

Unia fluffed the small tufts of fur on her cheeks and drew her hair, which she died purple, into a pony tail. From the mirror she spied the glowing green vial on top of her TV stand where she spent her time in the dark watching Anime. She stood up, careful not to knock anything over with her tail. She sat down in her bean bag and wished the potion around the vial. Days earlier Mr. P, the potato who owned the carnival, gave it to her saying 'to use it in your time of need'. Unia didn't believe that it would really do anything though and it was a trick. She closed her eyes and drunk it, expecting it to taste foul. It certainly did.

Suddenly Unia felt woozy. She tried to stand up but, the rush was too strong. The green juice dripped from her mouth and she stumbled to the bathroom. Soon enough she felt better. Darn potato. Ill need to have a talk with him. She walked downstairs and figuring her mom was at work already.

She had just started poring cereal when she heard a growling noise from behind her. Sweat started to bead on her head as she turned around. Her mother, Mrs. Ary Gewls, was there, green dripping from her mouth and the sacred family sword in her hands. Unia backed away frightened. Whats wrong with mom??? Mother swung the sword at Unia's head but, the smaller Unicorn ducked in time. Unia rushed out the door just to see something that would frighten her even more. The neighbors had green coming out from their eyes, and mouths. She spotted Andy, a human friend from next door. He had Black eyes and blue pupils. He growled at Unia like an.. an... animal! She turned and ran away, tears falling down her cheeks.

Whats wrong with everyone!?

As she ran she could see more and more people infected. Unia stopped and hid in the old plant place that she grew vegetables in when she was little. She tried to think of what could have made them like this. Andy was with me yesterday. He was normal then. Wait... We got potions together! . . . N O. She wiped at her mouth and the same green juice was on the infected. Fear made Unia more white then she usually was.

I have to control this!!!

Green tears ran down her face and she pulled her knees to her head. Suddenly she heard the creaking of boards above her. She shakily looked up and saw two large eyes staring at her. She slowly crawled away, when the figure landed in front of her. Unia looked up, ready to run, when relief went through her. The male deer crouched down and grinned. He had large eyes and a over sized 'SAVE THE TREES!' tee-shirt. Large dots lined under his clear normal eyes. "Heya lil'Corn!" He said, remembering his old nickname for Unia.

"Heya Fawny," She answered rolling her eyes. She looked up at the giddy Deer. "Your not infected are you?" She asked. He scratched his ear, thinking. "Mm-mm nope! I'm just hiding out here. How have you been? I haven't seen you since i left that crummy Junior High!" "Calm down dude. your going WAY to fast again." Unia answered getting up.

fawny was an old friend of hers. they split up when they had to go to different high schools. He was seen as weird also because he had anthro legs. something that Animals hadn't had for a long time. It defiantly made sitting hard for him. I remembered that he used to work with someone here. " Wheres Clovey?" i asked, tilting my head to the side. " I'm not sure. He quit sometime ago, saying that he was offered a job with Mr. P." Mr. P! Not him! Clovey could be in trouble! I grabbed Fawny's arm and headed towards the door. " We have to find him!" Fawny nodded understanding. "Lets go." He said as we walked out the door.